Windows 10: Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

Discus and support Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts in Cortana to solve the problem; I have always used the Taskbar Search as a launcher for apps AND Internet Shortcuts. While the Taskbar Search still works for apps, it no longer finds... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StevenEricson1, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

I have always used the Taskbar Search as a launcher for apps AND Internet Shortcuts. While the Taskbar Search still works for apps, it no longer finds Internet Shortcuts that I have created and saved in my Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder. I am using a work computer where Cortana is disabled.

It is in my muscle memory that when I need to open system via a Internet Shortcut, I just press the windows key and start typing the name of the shortcut. It's driving me crazy that I can't still do this. Any advice would be appreciated

:)

StevenEricson1, Feb 4, 2021

2. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

You've pretty much covered the common methods...

alternatively, you can create the shortcut, on the Desktop, from the CLSID Key:

Desktop right click►NewShortcut►enter: explorer shell:::{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}

See complete list of CLSID Keys and how to create shortcuts from them:

CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10 | Tutorials

Edwin, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Rose W Win User

Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account.
    My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side navigation panel-much easier.

Today I went on a search to find methods where he could have a shortcut that gets him to all the sub folders in his account.
    The most simple of those I found was typing %UserName% in the explorer address bar then when search complete dragging the resulting icon to the taskbar fileexplorer icon. This creates a pinned link to the Users\Name of user account. I tested this out as well as the SEND TO DESKTOP(shortcut results) from the actual user folder. Both work as expected.

Is there an alternative to this 'shortcut' method? I wondered if there was an actual Windows 10 routine for this.

Rose

Rose W, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

1. Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts - Similar Threads - Taskbar Search user

2. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. Automatically Create Shortcuts - Search Recursively

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically Create Shortcuts - Search Recursively: Hi All, Folder structure: A\Stuff A\Temp B\Stuff B\Temp C\Stuff C\Temp D\Stuff D\Temp F\ What I want to do is script something that creates a shortcut for any files located in *\Stuff and create a shortcut that gets placed into F\ Thanks in advance...
  5. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  6. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user, no desktop or taskbar: Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black...
  7. How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?: Hi I can create a WiFi Connection Shortcut from Network and Sharing Center on the desktop but cannot pin it to the Taskbar. Any ideas as to how can I do that? The Attached picture is what I am talking about. [img] 65236
  8. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  9. Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Taskbar Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 The taskbar is the long horizontal bar at the bottom of your desktop. You can customize to have taskbar buttons group together or not when you have multiple...
  10. Create Switch User shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Switch User shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Switch User shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Switch User Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one user account on your PC, Fast User Switching is an easy way for you to switch between accounts or for another user to sign...