Windows 10: taskbar search issue

Discus and support taskbar search issue in Cortana to solve the problem; my taskbar search is behaving strangely. whenever i try to search in it,it shows a white blank screen.please help me ?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BiswaDas, May 12, 2019.

1. BiswaDas Win User

taskbar search issue

my taskbar search is behaving strangely. whenever i try to search in it,it shows a white blank screen.please help me ?

:)

BiswaDas, May 12, 2019

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 12, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, May 12, 2019
  4. I_askYou Win User

taskbar search issue

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, May 12, 2019
Thema:

taskbar search issue

1. taskbar search issue - Similar Threads - taskbar search issue

2. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...
  3. Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar issue: I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to the left when I go to add another. Anyone know what is wrong with my system as I can find no tutorial to answer the problem I...
  4. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d
  5. taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar issues: I've migrated away from a mac environment and now have a windows 10 based HP envy. I am having repeated issues with the task bar not autohiding. I am aware that notifications can stop the taskbar hiding (which then gets in the way of applications I might be using) but I am...
  6. Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search: What I'd like to find is a way to have a searchbox on the Taskbar that launches Windows Search, not the new Windows search. I'm pretty sure it's just a different GUID or namespace. This will do for now though. From the SevenForums (SF) Tutorial section Search Shortcut -...
  7. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  8. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  9. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118
  10. taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar issues: My son deleted something shortly after installing windows 10, on his laptop, now he can not left click on anything in the taskbar. Just has the hourglass thing run for a few seconds and then disappears. with nothing else happening. Just wondering how to restore...