Windows 10: Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

Discus and support Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FireballFoxtrot, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the settings app. Now when i type in "bluetooth" it shows zero results. How can I make the taskbar search within the settings app again?

submitted by /u/FireballFoxtrot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FireballFoxtrot, Apr 10, 2020

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Apr 10, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 10, 2020
  4. D. Joe Win User

Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

1. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore? - Similar Threads - Taskbar search searching

2. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  3. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  4. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  6. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  7. Searching within a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within a folder: My latest update has changed the way the search function works. Now after entering the data I want found I have to click a blue arrow as if to say "go". That's an improvement over the previous way of having to backspace to let the app know to search now. However, now when I...
  8. Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within Settings fails to find anything.: When I go into the Windows 10 Settings page and use the search box to find a particular setting I'm looking for it returns nothing, even for items I know are there. What could be causing this? Windows 10 version 2004. 158389
  9. Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.: [ATTACH] I'm not sure if it's just my laptop but my taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore. It only searches through my local files and programs. I've tried researching the problem on the internet but nothing came up besides indexing (which I've tried). Not being...
  10. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...