Windows 10: Taskbar setting - Icons to display

Discus and support Taskbar setting - Icons to display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Nov 15, 2019.

1. JeffL Win User

Taskbar setting - Icons to display

I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it.

It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)".

It doesn't appear in Task Manager, but I want to get rid of these to entries in Settings.
    I've deleted all references to it in Explorer, and I don't see anything related to it in the registry.

Any ideas?

Windows 10 1909
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display [​IMG]

:)

JeffL, Nov 15, 2019
  2. sfeinst Win User

Taskbar Icons Display Settings List

When I right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the app displays a list of icons that I can turn on and off to appear in the task bar vs the system tray.

There is an app I use CapsLock indicator, which every time I upgrade to a newer version, adds to this list. So now I have 4 copies.

Where is this list stored and how can I remove items from the list?

sfeinst, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar setting - Icons to display - Similar Threads - Taskbar setting Icons

2. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  3. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  4. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?: Hello! As the title says, is there any way to display the corresponding hotkey on an icon on the taskbar? I'm referring specifically to those next to cortana and task-viewer. For example, when I'm using multiple applications and have to switch between them I sometimes open...
  6. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  7. Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?

Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?: I think this has been happening as long as there have been taskbar icons (XP?). You set volume, network, battery, etc. to display, and they do. Then some random time later -- 3 days, a week, whatever, one or all of them stop displaying. So you go back to the settings and turn...
  8. Certain Taskbar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Taskbar icons not displaying: Very recently, my I noticed that my calendar and mail icons were not showing up on the taskbar, even though they were still fully functional. The icons displayed on the search screen or list of apps or microsoft store, just not in the taskbar. If I create a shortcut on my...
  9. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  10. Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?: RollBack Rx has a longstanding bug whereby the customized Tray Icons are not preserved when rolling back to a snapshot. Now I'd like to know where the settings are saved, so maybe I could export it as a registry file and then reimport that reg file after a rollback....