Windows 10: Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed

Discus and support Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have this situation where almost all configs in 'taskbar settings' are locked except for 'Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SJC473, Mar 18, 2021.

1. SJC473 Win User

Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed

Hi,

I have this situation where almost all configs in 'taskbar settings' are locked except for 'Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode'.

Before this symptom I believe I saw this popup 9fe62d1b398f8ee542755faa3afe7fde519a8d01.png 444×492 dopus.com, but I'm not 100% confident.

I've been doing two things: unplugging a monitor connected via hdmi and connecting another via PD cable, and disabling notifications from certain applications in 'Notifications & actions settings' section. I think the former caused the issue.

I've tried updating the registry as suggested here, but after reboot the modification to registry is undone and the problem persits.

Any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

:)

SJC473, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed

1. Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed - Similar Threads - Taskbar setting locked

2. I can not change Taskbar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not change Taskbar color: i'm not able to change the color of my taskbar, the option in show accent color on the following surface, i.e., start, taskbar and action center, is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-change-taskbar-color/943841bd-cc5b-46a6-878e-61e5628c85af
  3. Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings.

Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings.: Why does the Task View icon on Taskbar lock taskbar regardless of taskbar settings? Pls help unlock taskbar. It seems that I can click on the Task View icon and thus hide the taskbar and get a vibrant rendition of my landscape desktops. But only when i click on this icon....
  4. Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings: Hello, each time I try to change my lock screen or my account settings, it keeps saying: *Some setting are hidden or managed by your organization even though it is my personal laptop...
  5. Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar

Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar: I have a problem with my windows 10. I Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from the taskbar. when I want to open them a black page appears and closes instantly....
  6. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  7. The "lock screen" settings change automacally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The "lock screen" settings change automacally: Recently, I found my lock screen settings changed into "Pictures"it used to be "Windows Spotlight". I've tried to set it again but after minutes when I lock my PC it shows some pictures instead of Windows Spotlight". Please help me change the settings back to "Windows...
  8. Nothing Changes

Nothing Changes: Quote: Tiffany Morris. March 2011. Microsoft community. “Windows Media Player under Program Files x86 is not working WMP won't open. My media files are defaulted to open using the X86 WMP, which is not working. How do I default the files to make them open with the WMP...
  9. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  10. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar color not changing