Windows 10: Taskbar setting

Discus and support Taskbar setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, I own a laptop and a Desktop and they somehow managed to sync yesterday. It changed the theme and the taskbar. I have worked out how to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bezly, May 27, 2020.

1. Bezly Win User

Taskbar setting

hi,

I own a laptop and a Desktop and they somehow managed to sync yesterday. It changed the theme and the taskbar. I have worked out how to change the theme back but i cannot seem to find a way to change the taskbar back to its original settings. I know its only a minor inconvenience but is quite annoying.

i want to know hot to stop the title showing up after i open an app I

V

Taskbar setting cf580c07-2bda-4026-ab2a-e5633c753d46?upload=true.png

:)

Bezly, May 27, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, May 27, 2020
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Taskbar setting :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 27, 2020
  4. Taskbar setting

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar setting

1. Taskbar setting - Similar Threads - Taskbar setting

2. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  3. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  4. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  5. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  6. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  7. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  8. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...
  10. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...