Windows 10: Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show

Discus and support Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Safe to remove hardware does not show on taskbar even after clicking it on...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldSpray, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show

Safe to remove hardware does not show on taskbar even after clicking it on...

:)

DonaldSpray, Jan 11, 2019
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show

"Safely remove hardware" icon not showing on taskbar

Windows 10 Version 1607 on a Tower PC

In Settings "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" I have set ON "Safely remove hardware and eject media" (*). The Taskbar is not locked. When I plug in a USB memory stick, the icon does NOT appear on the taskbar. If I click on the "Hidden icons" up-arrow,
    the icon is in the hidden icons box. What do I need to do to make the icon appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box on this PC ?

(*) Please note that on other Windows 10 PCs that I have checked, with this same setting, the icon does appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box.

Ron

Ron Hewett, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show

1. Taskbar settings..Does not show Safe to Remove Hardware Icon when checked to show - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings Does

2. pathetic-- can't get the safe to remove hardware icon to show up in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pathetic-- can't get the safe to remove hardware icon to show up in taskbar: I have read and tried just about every one of the lame responses you've provided for how to get the safe to remove hardware icon to show in my taskbar. Nothing works. I can't even get the 'show hidden icons' icon to show up. When are you all going to provide some real help on...
  3. pathetic-- can't get the safe to remove hardware icon to show up in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pathetic-- can't get the safe to remove hardware icon to show up in taskbar: I have read and tried just about every one of the lame responses you've provided for how to get the safe to remove hardware icon to show in my taskbar. Nothing works. I can't even get the 'show hidden icons' icon to show up. When are you all going to provide some real help on...
  4. pathetic-- can't get the safe to remove hardware icon to show up in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification: Been playing with this for a while. When my external hard drive is connected and I eject, sometimes the message notification says safe to remove and most of the time I eject and their is no « safe to remove hardware notification « the taskbar icons are defaulted as this...
  6. Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]People who use the Windows operating system are aware of the Safely Remove Hardware functionality. This is a very useful function to protect the data on the USB from any harm when ejected from a computer. But many people tend [...] This post Show or hide...
  7. Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar

Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar: Hi everyone..... Frustrated here as I have been trying to restore the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to my Taskbar. I operate Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser. I have searched extensively and found answers......none of them work for me......HELP! Please do not...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware, no longer shows safe to do.

Safely Remove Hardware, no longer shows safe to do.: My Safely to Remove Hardware Icon is displayed on Taskbar. Clicking Icon, shows all hardware connected. Clicking the required hardware to be closed, now no longer shows caption that it is safe to do so. This stopped after the last close down of computer....
  9. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.: Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware icon with nothing plugged in, shows 3 dots(...)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware icon with nothing plugged in, shows 3 dots(...): I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and the safely remove hardware icon is always there even when nothing is plugged in. When nothing's plugged in, clicking the icon just shows 3 dots (...) and a link to open the Hardware and Devices window (or whatever it's called). How...