Windows 10: Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...

Discus and support Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all- Just migrated from Win7 to Win10. I've added my frequently-used apps (shortcuts?) to the left side of the taskbar. In Win7, clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KERATL, Mar 1, 2019.

1. KERATL Win User

Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...

Hi all-

Just migrated from Win7 to Win10. I've added my frequently-used apps (shortcuts?) to the left side of the taskbar.

In Win7, clicking the app icon opened a new window and created a wider "open app placeholder" (I don't know the technical term) on the taskbar to show that the program was opened. The benefit is that all my original icon apps stayed to the left side, so if I needed to open a program, my taskbar shortcuts were always in the same place.

Now, clicking an app icon expands that actual icon, replacing it with the program "placeholder". Any app icon shortcuts that are to the right of that app, now get shifted to the right. The actual location varies based on what else is open, so I am constantly searching amongst my open app windows to find my shortcut(s) to other apps.

Is there a setting that will emulate the Win7 approach, and keep all my apps icons on the far left, and create seperate "placeholders" for the open programs in the remaining blank space of the taskbar to the right of *all* of those app shortcuts?

Thank you!

:)

KERATL, Mar 1, 2019

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Brian_mk Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar icon for a shortcut

I should add that the shortcut icons on the desktop are ok - it's only the icons in the taskbar that appear incorrect.

Also, the desktop icons were first created by dragging from the apps list that appears when you left click the start button.

Brian_mk, Mar 1, 2019
  4. gasolin Win User

Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...

No outlook.com app shortcut icon in chrome

Uninstalling chrome make's the chrome Outlook.com app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hotmail checker i use, disappear from chrome as a shortcut next to the star button for bookmarks and the settings button where i have adblock and google chromecast icon

How do i get it back, i use windows 8.1 64 bit, extremly annoying that i can't get this icon,button back in chrome, please help me *Smile Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all... :)

gasolin, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all... - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings emulate

2. How to get rid of second Settings - Shortcut in All Apps list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of second Settings - Shortcut in All Apps list?: I ended up with "Settings" and a "Settings - Shortcut" icon in my All Apps menu, and have been able to figure out how to get rid of the second. Looked online and followed directions to look in various user folder, but those don't seem to appear....
  3. How to get rid of second Settings - Shortcut in All Apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of second Settings - Shortcut in All Apps list?: I ended up with "Settings" and a "Settings - Shortcut" icon in my All Apps menu, and have been able to figure out how to get rid of the second. Looked online and followed directions to look in various user folder, but those don't seem to appear....
  4. Broke all my app and shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broke all my app and shortcut icons: I had 3 rows of shortcuts on my Desktop win10 and didn't like the clutter to I made a new folder on desktop and placed the 3 rows of shortcuts in there. Immediately all the icons went blank white and even placing them back on desktop doesn't fix it. I tried right clicking...
  5. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  6. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out: [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good. I also tried deleting...
  7. Hide All Programs icons/shortcut

Hide All Programs icons/shortcut: Hi, I would like to hide all Pinned tiles icons and All Apps shortcuts items in Start menu, how can I do it? My reason is because I want to manage all the icons I want to customize the icons that should appears and not....
  8. Lost All Taskbar icons

Lost All Taskbar icons: I lost all my taskbar icons in Windows 10 when I did a restart and need to get them all back. I am running a Lenovo X1 Tablet PC in desktop mode and had large icons selected, but now I only have the Search box and the Task View icon all by itself. How do I get the other icons...
  9. display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

in Windows 10 Support
    display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items: I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains. EG as the first icon includes Apps I used it for ""uninstall but it isn't there. it's in some other icon. So I have to return...
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...