Windows 10: Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work

Discus and support Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Occasionally, my Internet will randomly cut off, but when I try to reconnect, it cannot find any network besides Airplane Mode. Sometimes the wi-fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColinDavis0, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work

Occasionally, my Internet will randomly cut off, but when I try to reconnect, it cannot find any network besides Airplane Mode. Sometimes the wi-fi menu will not even show up at all when I click the icon. When this happens, I also can't access the Wi-Fi settings in Settings. Also, the Task Manager will crash every time I close it. I have a theory that some thing on my computer is cutting off those particular programs as well as the wi-fi connection, but I have no idea what could be doing this. This has been happening for months without any luck of finding an answer. If you know what is going o

:)

ColinDavis0, Jun 20, 2021

2. internet explorer 11 taskbar not grouping and invisible IE HELP!

Hi john,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to reset Explorer.exe and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below.

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer and verify the result.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security,
    Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 20, 2021
  4. flycaster Win User

Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work

Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

Hey Edwin, thanks, but let me make sure I got this all right. It seems that only Color Management can be pinned to the task bar...Right? Whereas, the website can only be pinned to the Jump List, and not to the taskbar...Right? If so, good enough as this will still reduce the number of steps needed to change my monitor's color settings.

flycaster, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work

1. Taskbar, Settings, Internet, and Task Manager Do Not Work - Similar Threads - Taskbar Settings Internet

2. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  3. Task manager internet icon not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager internet icon not working: I went to jump on my pc tonight after leaving it on all day to run some game updates while i was at work and when i got home i saw my pc looked like it had run an auto update all my windows were closed out and i wasnt connected to the internet. When i went to connect to the...
  4. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  5. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  6. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  7. Task Manager Settings

Task Manager Settings: Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-settings/b9ff03b5-a332-4e45-8293-6993b0cf9b7b
  8. Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working

Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working: I recently bought a new computer (Ideapad 330S) and everything was fine until I opened it this morning. The taskbar is frozen - when I mouse over any of the icons, the loading symbol comes up and clicking on start, cortana, notifications, etc does nothing. If I right click,...
  9. Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working

in Cortana
    Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working: So after I signed onto my PC as usual I noticed that I was not able to click on my taskbar I was only able to open windows file explorer. Any way to fix this?...
  10. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager not working: When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2\5 - Task Manager.lnk This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a...