Windows 10: Taskbar settings issue

Discus and support Taskbar settings issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys! I hope that everyone is well and safe. I have an issue with my taskbar size not staying set as far as the number of rows that are visible. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graywoulf, Jul 15, 2020.

1. graywoulf Win User

Taskbar settings issue

Hi guys!

I hope that everyone is well and safe. I have an issue with my taskbar size not staying set as far as the number of rows that are visible. I like it set for two rows of small icons of which I have many but every time I shut my laptop down and then power it up, the taskbar is back to the default single row. Using the "Lock the taskbar" feature has no effect on it.

Is there a way to fix this or is it just a W10 Pro glitch that can't be fixed? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

:)

graywoulf, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Taskbar settings issue

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar settings issue

1. Taskbar settings issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings issue

2. taskbar issues

in Cortana
    taskbar issues: hi there, my taskbar buttons have been disappearing but the taskbar hasn't, i don't have the hide taskbar setting on but the pinned apps keep disappearing so i cant open/switch tabs. thankyou...
  3. Taskbar setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar setting: hi, I own a laptop and a Desktop and they somehow managed to sync yesterday. It changed the theme and the taskbar. I have worked out how to change the theme back but i cannot seem to find a way to change the taskbar back to its original settings. I know its only a minor...
  4. Taskbar Settings . . .

Taskbar Settings . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I have many shortcuts on my taskbar. It was very nice. I could get, to anything very quickly. But, now all of a sudden. There's an up and down arrow, on my taskbar. Up for half, down to the other half, of my shortcuts. I don't...
  5. Taskbar Issues

Taskbar Issues: Whenever I unpin a program from taskbar, there is a gap created there which is quite annoying. Everytime I restart the system the issue is fixed but again after some time the issue still persists. Is there any problem with the latest updates provided by windows 10? I also...
  6. Taskbar settings

Taskbar settings: Hi, How can I remove Desktop from Taskbar windows10 Thank you Darryl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings/58dfa5b8-3209-4266-a1e8-99431d662340
  7. Taskbar settings

Taskbar settings: Greg, I ran across your site looking for an answer to my question of why my taskbar color setting will not change. I've already tried the taskbar and actions setting and it doesn't work, and continues to go greyed out. what's my problem Steven...
  8. Taskbar Settings

Taskbar Settings: Hello, I am trying to change the size of my taskbar, from 3 lines of day/date/time to 2 lines. I can increase the size of the taskbar but when I try to reduce the size it won't get smaller than the 3 lines of day/date/time. It acts like the 3 line day/date/time is somehow...
  9. Taskbar Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Issue: The battery icon on my taskbar seems to have disappeared. This is a major issue as I am now unable to see my remaining battery life. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-issue/a1711c43-35d6-490a-aec6-b076e14f2e7d
  10. taskbar settings

taskbar settings: How do I made the icons in the taskbar in Windows 10 larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/taskbar-settings/870af0ab-6758-48e3-8dd5-bc2b21c5cf98