Windows 10: Taskbar settings option missing

Discus and support Taskbar settings option missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I right click on the taskbar, there is no "taskbar settings" option, what should I do? I use windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tadael23, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Tadael23 Win User

Taskbar settings option missing

When I right click on the taskbar, there is no "taskbar settings" option, what should I do? I use windows 10

:)

Tadael23, Aug 1, 2021

2. Missing options from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to missing taskbar options on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Do you have any other issues apart from the cascade and side-by-side option missing?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit enter:
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a
    new user account
    and then see if the options are available for taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone
    By Barry Richards -
    February 25, 2016

More specifically, Windows 10 build 14271, which is the latest version of the Redstone preview that we have to.
    It moves further towards the ultimate retirement of the Control Panel.

The desktop one, that is.

Classic as it is, the Settings app is where the action is at in Windows 10 — as more and more options are being moved to this universal application. Redstone has just taken it one step further, and if this trend holds, we could see a range of new options part of Settings by the time this update for the OS arrives.

As noted, the latest version that Microsoft released moves the taskbar configuration options from the desktop Control Panel to Settings.

Take another big step towards this change.

Read more at Source

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone - Windows 10 News and Updates

hTconeM9user, Aug 1, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar settings option missing - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings option

2. Settings missing a lot of options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings missing a lot of options: I attempted everything, from deleting the whole ImmersiveControlPanel folder and using sfc, and copying ImmersiveControlPanel from a new install. Nothing helpedÖ...
  3. Settings missing a lot of options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings missing a lot of options: I attempted everything, from deleting the whole ImmersiveControlPanel folder and using sfc, and copying ImmersiveControlPanel from a new install. Nothing helpedÖ...
  4. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  5. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  6. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. pin to taskbar option missing

pin to taskbar option missing: i am facing the problem since last week first my microsoft apps icon appears on taskbar that are now invisible and then the microsft apps are not working like store photos etc only settings are working and when the app opens its icon dosnt appear on taskbar and other problem...
  8. Windows settings options missing

Windows settings options missing: This issue started with me going into my settings attempting to turn off windows defender due to a game I wanted to try. I noticed that this first came up. [ATTACH] I could not access the windows defender through settings. I also found that I had missing options in...
  9. Missing options from Taskbar

Missing options from Taskbar: taskbar does not have cascade, side by side... options ***Original title: taskbar*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-options-from-taskbar/14b03f41-cc6e-4be2-969d-1f9406e0e5ce
  10. No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar: My windows 10 laptop cannot connect to the internet because there is no wireless internet option in the settings or the task bar. Normally where the WiFi logo is, there is an Ethernet logo instead. I can't even use the Ethernet because my laptop DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ETHERNET...