Windows 10: Taskbar settings

Discus and support Taskbar settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not totally sure how to word my question, so bear with me - I'd like to change the settings of my taskbar so that when I click on an icon i.e. an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JennA1101, Jun 23, 2024.

1. JennA1101 Win User

Taskbar settings

I'm not totally sure how to word my question, so bear with me - I'd like to change the settings of my taskbar so that when I click on an icon i.e. an open app, it just switches to that app, instead of making me choose which open window of that app I want to switch to. Can anyone tell me what setting I need to change?? Basically I want to turn off the window selection.

:)

JennA1101, Jun 23, 2024
  2. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Taskbar settings :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Taskbar settings

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar settings

1. Taskbar settings - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings

2. Question on pop-up settings on windows 11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on pop-up settings on windows 11 taskbar: so my settings pop-up on windows 11 taskbar doesn't show up most of the times and when it does sometimes the Bluetooth icon doesn't glow showing it's on and I go into pop-up settings to turn it on but doesn't show any devices but when accessed from main settings app...
  3. Question on pop-up settings on windows 11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question on pop-up settings on windows 11 taskbar: so my settings pop-up on windows 11 taskbar doesn't show up most of the times and when it does sometimes the Bluetooth icon doesn't glow showing it's on and I go into pop-up settings to turn it on but doesn't show any devices but when accessed from main settings app...
  4. My setting is not opening i am unable to use taskbar wifi sound and even bluetooth I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My setting is not opening i am unable to use taskbar wifi sound and even bluetooth I am...: My laptop had windows 10 and I done everything shown on the internet youtube and even Microsoft support but nothing was helpful please help me out...
  5. My setting is not opening i am unable to use taskbar wifi sound and even bluetooth I am...

My setting is not opening i am unable to use taskbar wifi sound and even bluetooth I am...: My laptop had windows 10 and I done everything shown on the internet youtube and even Microsoft support but nothing was helpful please help me out...
  6. My setting is not opening i am unable to use taskbar wifi sound and even bluetooth I am...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. "Show taskbar on all displays" setting doesn't work when turned on. Eventually reverts to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show taskbar on all displays" setting doesn't work when turned on. Eventually reverts to...: Hello support staff. I just had a question on how to fix an issue. I really enjoy having my taskbar show on both of my monitors. I am very aware that you can turn on the mentioned setting of "show taskbar on all displays" and then "show taskbar buttons on all taskbars" to get...
  8. "Show taskbar on all displays" setting doesn't work when turned on. Eventually reverts to...

"Show taskbar on all displays" setting doesn't work when turned on. Eventually reverts to...: Hello support staff. I just had a question on how to fix an issue. I really enjoy having my taskbar show on both of my monitors. I am very aware that you can turn on the mentioned setting of "show taskbar on all displays" and then "show taskbar buttons on all taskbars" to get...
  9. "Show taskbar on all displays" setting doesn't work when turned on. Eventually reverts to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar

How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar: When opening quick settings, if something is playing sound there will be a popup above the quick settings. Is there a way to disable this? I have my reasons for wanting to do this I would include a photo if I could, but when I try to upload a photo it says "files failed to...