Windows 10: TASKBAR SETTINGS

Discus and support TASKBAR SETTINGS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Without any action from me, the task bar changed to a hideous color. I have gone to the settings and changed the color display to custom and selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by c13563, Mar 20, 2021.

1. c13563 Win User

TASKBAR SETTINGS

Without any action from me, the task bar changed to a hideous color. I have gone to the settings and changed the color display to custom and selected my color but it will not change. Next please?

:)

c13563, Mar 20, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts TASKBAR    SETTINGS :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 20, 2021
  4. TASKBAR SETTINGS

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

TASKBAR SETTINGS

1. TASKBAR SETTINGS - Similar Threads - TASKBAR SETTINGS

2. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!: so, I'm running windows 11 and one day all of sudden my taskbar just disappear, can't open up my settings, Everytime I try open up a system app like window explorer or control panel, It always saying something about ''Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file....
  3. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!: so, I'm running windows 11 and one day all of sudden my taskbar just disappear, can't open up my settings, Everytime I try open up a system app like window explorer or control panel, It always saying something about ''Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file....
  4. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Settings and taskbar error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and taskbar error.: I just updated a the windows update and my setting and some function in the taskbar is not workingmost importantly the start button. i tried to end the explorer.exe and restart it but the issue still persist. The setting app is totally unable to open....
  6. Settings and taskbar error.

Settings and taskbar error.: I just updated a the windows update and my setting and some function in the taskbar is not workingmost importantly the start button. i tried to end the explorer.exe and restart it but the issue still persist. The setting app is totally unable to open....
  7. Windows 11 - taskbar gone, settings app gone, remote support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - taskbar gone, settings app gone, remote support.: Hi all,I have a user who told me that the taskbar had randomly vanished on their windows 11 PC, this user is located geographically far so the only way I could troubleshoot is via remote desktop.I tried all the usual stuff; restart, restart explorer from task manager, run...
  8. Windows 11 - taskbar gone, settings app gone, remote support.

Windows 11 - taskbar gone, settings app gone, remote support.: Hi all,I have a user who told me that the taskbar had randomly vanished on their windows 11 PC, this user is located geographically far so the only way I could troubleshoot is via remote desktop.I tried all the usual stuff; restart, restart explorer from task manager, run...
  9. windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working: Originally installed 23H2 towards end of February 2024 and had immediate problems with a missing taskbar and settings not working. after trying several suggestions gave up and did a recovery and restore to previous version of 22H2. This got me thru the tax season and earlier...
  10. windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working

windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working: Originally installed 23H2 towards end of February 2024 and had immediate problems with a missing taskbar and settings not working. after trying several suggestions gave up and did a recovery and restore to previous version of 22H2. This got me thru the tax season and earlier...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar color not changing