Windows 10: Taskbar shortcuts went missing...

Discus and support Taskbar shortcuts went missing... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...after I restarted my computer, about 1/3 of them. I didn't have a record of what I had but I was able to restore 7 of the missing shortcuts. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Jun 29, 2021.

1. rboppy Win User

Taskbar shortcuts went missing...

...after I restarted my computer, about 1/3 of them. I didn't have a record of what I had but I was able to restore 7 of the missing shortcuts. Just upgraded to 21H1 about 2 weeks ago, could that be the cause? I now have a screen shot of my desktop.

:)

rboppy, Jun 29, 2021

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 29, 2021
  3. JTArnott Win User
    How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar shortcuts went missing... - Similar Threads - Taskbar shortcuts went

2. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  3. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  4. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  5. Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut: Windows Build 19042.928 I drag-n-dropped a Desktop Shortcut (that has the program icon showing) to my taskbar and clicked "Pin to taskbar." It got pinned, but lost its icon. Now, it's on the taskbar as a nondescript plain sheet of paper. I tried right-clicking it, expecting...
  6. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  7. Missing Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Shortcut: I can't find a file that i did not delete and when i click on the shortcut i normally used, it says "the item 'modern warfare launcher' has been changed or removed so this shortcut is no longer valid" please help...
  8. Shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts are missing: Game shortcuts that I put on my desktop keep disappearing. For example yesterday I had Counter Strike shortcut but today it is missing… You see the programs are still there but shortcuts keep disappearing...
  9. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27
  10. Bluetooth Went Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Went Missing: Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or click anything on my laptop. Its disappeared from the Action Center/Notification bar, and its not on the tab side of the...