Windows 10: Taskbar shortcuts

Discus and support Taskbar shortcuts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hawkeysim, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Taskbar shortcuts

Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/hawkeysim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hawkeysim, Apr 3, 2021

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 3, 2021
  3. JTArnott Win User
    How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar shortcuts

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar shortcuts

1. Taskbar shortcuts - Similar Threads - Taskbar shortcuts

2. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  3. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  4. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  5. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  6. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  7. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  8. Adding Onedrive shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Onedrive shortcut to taskbar: To be sure everyone understands what is being asked, I want to first say I am not referring the desktop application icon. I am not sure how, but I previously had this type of shortcut on my computer but somehow, I removed it without knowing I was doing so. I want to add a...
  9. Adding Onedrive shortcut to taskbar

Adding Onedrive shortcut to taskbar: To be sure everyone understands what is being asked, I want to first say I am not referring the desktop application icon. I am not sure how, but I previously had this type of shortcut on my computer but somehow, I removed it without knowing I was doing so. I want to add a...
  10. Adding Onedrive shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization