Windows 10: Taskbar showing Desktop icons

Discus and support Taskbar showing Desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jimmydude12, May 19, 2019.

1. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image:

Taskbar showing Desktop icons 220360fb-8dce-4e24-9971-20d47a8f5b9f?upload=true.png

I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc.

Thanks in advance

:)

Jimmydude12, May 19, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 19, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop icons moved to taskbar menu

Please try this:

• Right click an empty part of the Desktop and choose 'View' - Show Desktop Icons
    • Right click the Taskbar, select 'Toolbars' and uncheck Desktop

DaveM121, May 19, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar showing Desktop icons

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar showing Desktop icons

1. Taskbar showing Desktop icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing Desktop

2. Icons in the taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the taskbar not showing: Hi! I have a problem with the icon images on the taskbar, which results in a problem with productivity.Explanation:When I open an app, it shows the icon correctly. However, when I switch to another desktop I use three, and then come back, the application is still open but the...
  3. Icons in the taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the taskbar not showing: Hi! I have a problem with the icon images on the taskbar, which results in a problem with productivity.Explanation:When I open an app, it shows the icon correctly. However, when I switch to another desktop I use three, and then come back, the application is still open but the...
  4. Taskbar Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing: My taskbars icons aren't showing, I've had this problem since i updated my computer which was on dec 6, around that time. It was working perfectly fine once I updated it now the taskbar icons are gone. Please help nothing is working....
  5. Taskbar Icons not showing

Taskbar Icons not showing: My taskbars icons aren't showing, I've had this problem since i updated my computer which was on dec 6, around that time. It was working perfectly fine once I updated it now the taskbar icons are gone. Please help nothing is working....
  6. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  7. icons not showing on taskbar

icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  8. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar icons not showed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons not showed: As you can see from the screenshot i do not have an up arrow and I do not have icons I mean wifi/network adapter or volume settings and etc...Example what i mean by up arrow What I have :I can't turn them on I think :What can I do to fix it?...
  10. Show Desktop on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop on the Taskbar: [img] I hope this an easy one. This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same. 120614

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dektop icons showing on the taskbar

2. how to lock desktop icons windows 10

3. lock desktop icons