Windows 10: Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

Discus and support Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My taskbar started showing up on the alt+tab screen yesterday. It shows like a sort of app but when you switch to it, nothing happens. I tried to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erizyre TimothyEugenio, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

My taskbar started showing up on the alt+tab screen yesterday. It shows like a sort of app but when you switch to it, nothing happens. I tried to click X in hope of closing it, but it instead shows the Shut Down Windows dialogue.

I plugged in a flash drive from my friend and I saw it shows a .ink file in it. But I removed it via Windows Security and did a full scan to make sure it was deleted. I don't know if it is the one that is responsible for this issue.

I also have a third-party software installed on my computer. It makes the icons of my taskbar centered automatically. But I tried uninstalling it and check if the problem still persists and it does.

It looks like this:

Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen 20060ee9-2206-4fb0-9ad0-56457dc1fe12?upload=true.png Thanks in advance!

:)

Erizyre TimothyEugenio, Feb 21, 2021

2. [Windows 10] Taskbar when alt-tabing

Hi SlyJacob,

Looks like your computer is set on tablet mode and you're having a problem showing the taskbar. Well, your taskbar may have been set to automatically hide. To address your problem, let's unhide your task bar by following these steps:

• Since the taskbar doesn't appear on your screen, press the Windows key first to show it.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Properties.
    • Uncheck the box for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the taskbar will automatically shows up when pressing Alt+tab.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2021
  3. [Windows 10] Taskbar when alt-tabing

Thanks for the feedback, SlyJacob. By the way, have you enabled taskbar to show on both displays? If not, then please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key and select Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Taskbar.
    • Under Multiple displays, toggle On Show taskbar on all displays.

Try pressing Alt+tab again and let us know if the taskbar also appears on the other monitor.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2021
  4. LAK770 Win User

Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the
    same when i click off my game on monitor A to monitor B. In windows 7 whenever I did this the taskbar would show up, but now unless i specifically alt+tab to a window on monitor A taskbar will not show up. Doesn't anyone know a registry or way to make it so
    i don't have to keep going to windows on monitor A to make the taskbar show up.

LAK770, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

1. Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing Alt+Tab

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  5. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  6. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  7. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  8. TaskBar show when I use alt+tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar show when I use alt+tab: Hi. I re-intalled my Windows 10 home yesterday, and when i use alt+tab i see my taskbar in there. When i try to close this window, i got this message: [ATTACH] That what i see in my task bar: [ATTACH] Please help me to fix it. Thanks....
  9. ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse: This bug has happens as long as I can remember (and still happening in 1909), and I decided to post about it today. If you set the taskbar to auto-hide in desktop mode, and when pressing ALT+TAB to switch between windows, taskbar won't show when you hover mouse over the...
  10. Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors: I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the same when i click off...