Windows 10: Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times.

Discus and support Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes, when I select to view a video (either on a website like Youtube or in a program like VLC Media player) in fullscreen mode, the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hbenthow, Feb 3, 2018.

1. hbenthow Win User

Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times.

Sometimes, when I select to view a video (either on a website like Youtube or in a program like VLC Media player) in fullscreen mode, the Windows taskbar shows up over the video and will not hide behind it no matter what I do. It doesn't matter what video-playing program or web browser I am using; it this phenomenon affects them all equally. The only way that I've ever found to fix it is to restart my computer (although logging on and off to my account would probably do the track as well).

This issue has happened for a long time, with multiple computers and multiple installations of Windows 10. It seems to happen on random sessions. Does anyone know what causes this phenomenon, and how to fix it without restarting and/or logging off and on again?

:)

hbenthow, Feb 3, 2018
  2. Zrizt Win User

Sometimes, mousing over my auto-hidden taskbar will not show the taskbar while my browser/application is maximized.

Here's what happens. My taskbar is set to auto-hide. I'm on an application, usually a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or other applications such as iTunes or VLC video player, and the application is set to maximized size (not fullscreen). Normally,
    despite the application being maximized, mousing to the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is allows the taskbar to be shown. But sometimes, especially after having watched a video in fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen, mousing to the bottom of the
    screen does not show my taskbar. The only option for me is to un-maximize the window, mouse to the bottom of the screen to show the taskbar, click the taskbar, and then re-maximize the window. While a simple fix, this is a very tedious procedure as this problem
    occurs very often. Is there a way to make it so that the taskbar always shows up when moused over while an application is maximized?

I don't think it matters but I'm using a Lenovo Edge 15 laptop running Windows 10.

Zrizt, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Niksuski Win User
    Taskbar appears over fullscreen video in Windows 10

Hello.

Recently I have started having an issue where the taskbar will appear over every fullscreen video that I play from a browser every time I click on anything other than the video. Even if I click on another window of Chrome (I have 3 displays), the taskbar
    will appear and ruin the fullscreen experience. This is especially annoying because I have to click on the video to hide it, which will most likely pause it.

This started happening maybe 2 weeks ago. I run Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Is this something that was changed in a recent update? I have rebooted multiple times and updated the browser to the most recent version and nothing is helping. This CANNOT be a purposeful "feature", because it serves no purpose other than to ruin fullscreen
    video viewing.

Is there anything I can do to fix this myself? I also tried to use "hide taskbar automatically" but that just doesn't work for me.

Niksuski, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times.

I know this is not the solution for your problem but it can help, you can set the “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” option enabled from Settings --> Personalization --> Taskbar.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  5. hbenthow Win User
    I don't want to auto-hide my taskbar. I like it to always stay at the bottom of the screen.

hbenthow, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times.

1. Taskbar showing up over fullscreen videos at unpredictable times. - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing fullscreen

2. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  3. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  4. Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen: When I'm watching a video in fullscreen, youtube or otherwise, after about 45 minutes my taskbar will pop up. It's fucking annoying. submitted by /u/xKazIsKoolx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqertb/taskbar_keeps_showing_up_in_fullscreen/
  5. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  6. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  7. Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen: Hey all,As the title says, my taskbar randomly appears when I am in fullscreen mode with a video online. I have found answers for the taskbar permanently being active in fullscreen, but that is not what I'm observing. It doesn't consistently happen once per video or on any...
  8. TaskBar showing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar showing in fullscreen: Hi everyone, I've recently noticed in the game Rimworld, and I think other apps, that the taskbar is always showing in fullscreen. I have tried to restart windows explorer to fix this but it does nothing. Restarting my PC does not fix it either. Anyone know how to help?...
  9. Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen

Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen: When i am moving the screen around, the cursor randomly activates the taskbar in fullscreen mode. Windows 10 Edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-showing-taskbar-in-fullscreen/1ca824d2-2707-45f8-8a65-4f653434d8a3
  10. Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen

Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen: As you can see in the pictures below when i snap a window and try watch it fullscreen as seen in the 2nd picture the resolution is messed up, taskbar shows and the fullscreen is messed up. (The 2nd screenshot may not show it but the sides of the screen show a bit of the...