Windows 10: taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages

Discus and support taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with my language setting. I have somehow added a third language that I did not speak. Unfortunately, I could not see this language in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fufu, Jun 29, 2020.

1. fufu Win User

taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages

I have a problem with my language setting. I have somehow added a third language that I did not speak. Unfortunately, I could not see this language in the language setting. While I use my laptop, I sometimes accidently switch to the third language and it's very annoying. I really want to know how to delete this language. Anyone has experience?

:)

2. yatiya Win User

Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

Hello all

I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language"

taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages [​IMG]

however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language.
    English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display language drop down.
    English UK is also the language of the lock screen according to the Administrative settings.

taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages [​IMG]

How can I fix this? I tried installing a different language (English US), uninstalling English (South Africa), then reversing the process, but it still goes back to English UK!!

A secondary effect of this is that Windows then shows the language toolbar on the taskbar, giving me the option to choose English UK as the language/keyboard combination!

yatiya, Jun 29, 2020
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jun 29, 2020
  4. taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages

No way to show the Language/keyboard icon in the taskbar

I created a new Administrator user and I set in Region& languages bothe English and Italian.

Then I set ion Additional date,time & regional rettings -> Language -> Change input methods -> advanced settings -> User the desktop language bar when it's available -> Docked in the taskbar (selected). No ENG/ITA icon in the taskbar ... even if I sesect
    also "Show test labels on the Language bar" and/or " Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar (and obviously not checked the "Show the Language bar as transparent when inactive").

I did the same for an other user and it worked ... how can I do for having also for that new admin user?

Enzo Contini, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages

1. taskbar shows three language; language setting shows only two languages - Similar Threads - taskbar shows three

2. Input method list on taskbar showing languages that are not in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input method list on taskbar showing languages that are not in the settings.: Windows 11 Home issue - Sorry for no screenshots, it didn´t work because I got errors when trying to insert them. I´m having trouble with the input method list down on the taskbar. It´s displaying languages that I don´t want English US keyboard. I use icelandic layout and...
  3. Input method list on taskbar showing languages that are not in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input method list on taskbar showing languages that are not in the settings.: Windows 11 Home issue - Sorry for no screenshots, it didn´t work because I got errors when trying to insert them. I´m having trouble with the input method list down on the taskbar. It´s displaying languages that I don´t want English US keyboard. I use icelandic layout and...
  4. language not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language not showing up: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that requires Amharic to be installed on three computers. So, I installed the language pack on the first computer, following the steps here,...
  5. language not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language not showing up: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that requires Amharic to be installed on three computers. So, I installed the language pack on the first computer, following the steps here,...
  6. Taskbar doesn't show icon for japanese language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't show icon for japanese language: Hi, I installed a language pack for Japanese and checked the option for the keyboard icon to appear in the taskbar. Unfortunately, after switching to Japanese, the icon disappears completely while English and Polish works normally. In this case I am not able to use Japanese...
  7. Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two

Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with having UK English in my language panel. The thing is that I tortured people from Microsoft Support and looked through, I think, every relevant topic. So, what I have here: [ATTACH] But there is nothing here: [ATTACH] The...
  8. Windows 10 only shows Hebrew language

Windows 10 only shows Hebrew language: I recently added Hebrew as a second language. When I restarted my PC the only language became Hebrew only. I went into time>languages and moved US English to the top. Upon a reboot I get the same problem. I can only see the Hebrew language in all the help areas....
  9. hi, windows show 4 language and I only active two

hi, windows show 4 language and I only active two: this image show my problem https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ej8cHaDay-yTMqJ3koVT7xnZZg3Ril5/view any one can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-windows-show-4-language-and-i-only-active-two/385fc38a-c9ca-4efb-9188-bb22c407c9c0
  10. Why only three languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Why only three languages: I expect this has come up before, but why English, Chinese and Portuguese? 3268

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show two preference language taskbar