Windows 10: Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention

Discus and support Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to keep the taskbar hidden when an application wants me to interact with it?Here is a simple example of the behavior I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark Davich, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention

Is there a way to keep the taskbar hidden when an application wants me to interact with it?Here is a simple example of the behavior I want to avoid.Setting the StageI am using the multiple desktops feature of Windows 10One desktop is for communications, i.e., Outlook and TeamsOne desktop is for development, i.e., Visual Studio and SQL Server Management StudioUnwanted BehaviorI will be working on a project in Visual Studio and something will cause Outlookto tell me it needs my attention, it does this by expanding the hidden taskbarand flashing Outlook in orange.At this point my Visual Studio de

:)

Mark Davich, Jul 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 28, 2021
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention

Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you are getting up and down arrow in the Taskbar. There might be multiple applications pinned to the Taskbar that is the reason you are getting the up and down arrow.

If the applications are "Pinned" to the Taskbar, you can right click on those icons and select "Unpin from Taskbar". This will remove the icons from the Taskbar when they are closed. Refer screenshot below:

Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention 094786af-3edd-4ef4-9b1d-6f42780bd9a5?upload=true.png

You can open these applications from Start Menu when you need it.

However, if you need all the shortcuts pinned to taskbar, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Unlock the Taskbar

We can unlock the Taskbar and increase the size of the Taskbar. Follow the steps mentioned below and check if this helps:

1. Right click on the Taskbar and uncheck the option
      Lock the taskbar.
    2. Now, place the mouse pointer at the edge of the
      Taskbar
      and drag the mouse up.

Method 2: Small taskbar buttons

Alternatively, you can use small icons on the Taskbar so that the icons are properly accommodated in the Taskbar. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Taskbar and select
      Taskbar settings.
    2. Toggle the switch towards right for Use small taskbar buttons.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention

1. Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention - Similar Threads - Taskbar Shows Application

2. calendar app needs attention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calendar app needs attention: I try to open it today it is not launching. I got an update yesterday and that is the only changes made. I need to access my calendar and I need help on how to do it....
  3. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.: My taskbar is set to auto-hide and it works perfectly well when other applications are maximized but when the Figma desktop app is maximized, the taskbar does not show up when I put the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen. Every other application allows the taskbar to...
  4. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.: My taskbar is set to auto-hide and it works perfectly well when other applications are maximized but when the Figma desktop app is maximized, the taskbar does not show up when I put the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen. Every other application allows the taskbar to...
  5. what needs your attention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what needs your attention: can someone help me i was trying to update my windows because it somehow failed updating last night and it said that i have to uninstall virtualbox ldplayer but i checked and i couldn find it someone had told me that i have to delete the LDplayer folder inside xuanzhi and...
  6. OneDrive needs your attention...

OneDrive needs your attention...: hello. i am getting an error, but the only error seems to be the error in of itself. it says there are sync issues, and that i don't have access permissions. it says this for some desktop shortcuts. however... if i delete from "View Online", then it deletes from Desktop....
  7. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  8. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  9. account need attention

in Windows 10 Customization
    account need attention: I have been seeing attention needed to fix my personal gmail account. I changed the password and it still will not sent or receive messages. I've tried everything I need help asap...
  10. gmail account needs attention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account needs attention: Why does my gmail account have needs attention. I choose fix but it continues to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-needs-attention/d8f3188a-9684-4214-9eab-78f54cdbdf38