Windows 10: Taskbar shows when watching Fullscreen in Edge

Discus and support Taskbar shows when watching Fullscreen in Edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't watch video on Edge in Fullscreen without taskbar getting in the way. Can someone help? 11449 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brbee, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Brbee Win User

Taskbar shows when watching Fullscreen in Edge

Can't watch video on Edge in Fullscreen without taskbar getting in the way. Can someone help?

:)

Brbee, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Zrizt Win User

Sometimes, mousing over my auto-hidden taskbar will not show the taskbar while my browser/application is maximized.

Here's what happens. My taskbar is set to auto-hide. I'm on an application, usually a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or other applications such as iTunes or VLC video player, and the application is set to maximized size (not fullscreen). Normally,
    despite the application being maximized, mousing to the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is allows the taskbar to be shown. But sometimes, especially after having watched a video in fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen, mousing to the bottom of the
    screen does not show my taskbar. The only option for me is to un-maximize the window, mouse to the bottom of the screen to show the taskbar, click the taskbar, and then re-maximize the window. While a simple fix, this is a very tedious procedure as this problem
    occurs very often. Is there a way to make it so that the taskbar always shows up when moused over while an application is maximized?

I don't think it matters but I'm using a Lenovo Edge 15 laptop running Windows 10.

Zrizt, Jul 31, 2015
  3. the taskbar is not being hidden when using apps on fullscreen

I'm on 15063.632. I've noticed that when watching YouTube videos on fullscreen, or watching local video files through VLC Media Player, or doing a video call on fullscreen through Skype, the taskbar stays on screen. The taskbar is not locked. I had to
    choose "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" to hide it, but this hides the taskbar even when I'm not watching videos or having a video call. I only want to hide the task bar when I'm watching videos or doing a video call.

55964ec9-ee30-454e-b485-c8945f76a26b, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar shows when watching Fullscreen in Edge

1. Taskbar shows when watching Fullscreen in Edge - Similar Threads - Taskbar shows watching

2. Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen?: This is mind boggling. With any normal games, like games installed through Steam, I can do Borderless Window, Fullscreen, etc no problem. The taskbar doesn’t show up (of course). For some reason however, with games installed through the Microsoft Store (Minecraft, Halo 5...
  3. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen: There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not go into sleep mode but it does. I don`t want to turn off the sleep mode because it is useful because I can leave my PC...
  4. Taskbar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar in fullscreen: When I am in fullscreen watching youtube video or playing a game my taskbar hides as it should but when I go down with my mouse it appears again. So basically I can not play video games on the internet in fullscreen because everytime I want to look down for example my taskbar...
  5. Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen: As you can see in the pictures below when i snap a window and try watch it fullscreen as seen in the 2nd picture the resolution is messed up, taskbar shows and the fullscreen is messed up. (The 2nd screenshot may not show it but the sides of the screen show a bit of the...
  6. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome): Hi, Today i started having a weird issue with fullscreen on Youtube. I have Youtube on my left monitor and twitter on my right monitor. When I click fullscreen on the youtube video i get one of two problems. I either get: 1. It doesn't go fullscreen at all and...
  7. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...
  8. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen: I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871
  9. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen: Hi, I have tried looking for a solution to this but there all related to Google Chrome My problem is within every application I have that supports fullscreen Example: Google Chrome Firefox VLC Media Player Windows Media Player Photos Film and Videos Steam...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge full screen shows taskbar

2. windows task bar when watching

3. taskbar still showing in fullscreen edge

4. taskbar does not hide edge fullscreen