Windows 10: Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

Discus and support Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell M3800 laptop with a 4K/Ultra HD 15.6" screen. I use a dpi scaling of 200% to enjoy the high resolution screen. I also like to use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FonderPrism, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

I have a Dell M3800 laptop with a 4K/Ultra HD 15.6" screen. I use a dpi scaling of 200% to enjoy the high resolution screen.

I also like to use a double height taskbar, as I usually have a lot of open programs/windows, and don't like combining the windows. But every time I close my laptop the taskbar resizes to single height.

Has anyone run into this problem before, and is there any way to fix it?

I think the problem might be related to the 200% dpi scaling, because when I open the laptop and it returns from sleep, the login screen is displayed at about 1/2 size in the center of the screen (with big black bars on all sides), but quickly resizes and fills the screen.

:)

FonderPrism, Aug 18, 2015
  2. T_721 Win User

Windows 10 - taskbar growing in size after opening Steam game

Hi,

I've noticed an issue with my taskbar in Windows 10. When I open and close a Steam game, the taskbar doubles in height, i.e. from one pinned-program tile to two. When I right-click on the taskbar, I am told that it is locked, and I have to unlock the taskbar
    every time and shrink it back to the desired size.

Any ideas on how to prevent the taskbar from growing?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

T_721, Aug 18, 2015
  3. NagaX Win User
    Task bar stay locked in windows 10.

I have a Dell Latitude 7480.

I want to see the Day and Date along with the Time on the taskbar. I know by expanding the height of the task bar, we can see that. So, I unlocked the taskbar, increased the height to show all these and then locked the taskbar. But, this does NOT stay
    on. Every time, I log out or it goes to sleep and wakes up, the height is reduced to the normal size and I can see only the TIME. This is ridiculous. I kept changing it and I am tired of doing this. Why is taskbar height not kept locked? I hope this
    is not one of those numerous bugs that Microsoft is still looking into. Thanks.

NagaX, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

1. Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop - Similar Threads - Taskbar size height

2. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  3. Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot: Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it every...
  4. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  5. My Taskbar changed in height, how do I return to it's default

My Taskbar changed in height, how do I return to it's default: see photo below to see how my taskbar looks now. I have no clue what I did, or maybe, didn't do, to make it come up like this. Can someone help me straighten it out to the "default" settings for taskbar? Thank you in advance for any help, Denise [ATTACH]...
  6. Taskbar flashing when closing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar flashing when closing folder: Hello, I have a weird problem with Windows 10. Randomly, when I close a folder, the taskbar flashes for a fraction of a second, allowing in that very short time for the wallpaper to be seen. I close the folder, the deskopt refreshes quickly and the taskbar flashes / blinks /...
  7. Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar: I keep my Taskbar as high as it will go. However, Windows constantly reduces its' height. Is there a way to keep the height I want it at? Thank you. 104127
  8. Change taskbar preview size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change taskbar preview size?: I'm currently on version 1703, is it possible to change those little thumbnails for each opened program? 86466
  9. Change Height of Action Center??

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Height of Action Center??: Does anyone know if the Action Center can be made shorter? I made a quick mock-up of what I am referring to... [img] I know how to make it stay open, but I would rather just have it smaller... I don't care about the notifications, just the action buttons... thanks in...
  10. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?: The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike