Windows 10: Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

Discus and support Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell M3800 laptop with a 4K/Ultra HD 15.6" screen. I use a dpi scaling of 200% to enjoy the high resolution screen. I also like to use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FonderPrism, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

I have a Dell M3800 laptop with a 4K/Ultra HD 15.6" screen. I use a dpi scaling of 200% to enjoy the high resolution screen.

I also like to use a double height taskbar, as I usually have a lot of open programs/windows, and don't like combining the windows. But every time I close my laptop the taskbar resizes to single height.

Has anyone run into this problem before, and is there any way to fix it?

I think the problem might be related to the 200% dpi scaling, because when I open the laptop and it returns from sleep, the login screen is displayed at about 1/2 size in the center of the screen (with big black bars on all sides), but quickly resizes and fills the screen.

:)

FonderPrism, Aug 18, 2015
  2. T_721 Win User

Windows 10 - taskbar growing in size after opening Steam game

Hi,

I've noticed an issue with my taskbar in Windows 10. When I open and close a Steam game, the taskbar doubles in height, i.e. from one pinned-program tile to two. When I right-click on the taskbar, I am told that it is locked, and I have to unlock the taskbar
    every time and shrink it back to the desired size.

Any ideas on how to prevent the taskbar from growing?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

T_721, Aug 18, 2015
  3. NagaX Win User
    Task bar stay locked in windows 10.

I have a Dell Latitude 7480.

I want to see the Day and Date along with the Time on the taskbar. I know by expanding the height of the task bar, we can see that. So, I unlocked the taskbar, increased the height to show all these and then locked the taskbar. But, this does NOT stay
    on. Every time, I log out or it goes to sleep and wakes up, the height is reduced to the normal size and I can see only the TIME. This is ridiculous. I kept changing it and I am tired of doing this. Why is taskbar height not kept locked? I hope this
    is not one of those numerous bugs that Microsoft is still looking into. Thanks.

NagaX, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop

1. Taskbar size/height changes/resets when i open/close laptop - Similar Threads - Taskbar size height

2. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I just moved to Windows 11 - I understand you change because you have too even if no one asked for it. But can you please bring back the modification of the task bar? is criminally annoying I tried several things on the registry and does not do anything. I presume you blocked...
  3. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I just moved to Windows 11 - I understand you change because you have too even if no one asked for it. But can you please bring back the modification of the task bar? is criminally annoying I tried several things on the registry and does not do anything. I presume you blocked...
  4. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  5. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  6. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I used to be able to grab the top border of the taskbar and either drag it up or down to change the height of the taskbar. That doesn't seem to work in Windows 11. Am I missing something?...
  7. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I used to be able to grab the top border of the taskbar and either drag it up or down to change the height of the taskbar. That doesn't seem to work in Windows 11. Am I missing something?...
  8. Change the size of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the size of the taskbar?: Howdy, Yesterday I had gambled over my 4k TV plauge tale innocence. When I deactivated the TV via the NVIDIA control panel, there was a short black picture on my other two screens and then the taskbar and the picture I uploaded looked like this. Somehow I don't have a plan...
  9. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...