Windows 10: Taskbar size

Discus and support Taskbar size in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by john3650, Aug 28, 2019.

1. john3650 Win User

Taskbar size

When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not locked. How do I get it back to its original small height?
    Thank you.

:)

john3650, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Aug 28, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 28, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar size

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar size

1. Taskbar size - Similar Threads - Taskbar size

2. Window 11 Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Taskbar size: Hello! I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, the taskbar size is too small, and I have followed various methods to fix it but to no avail. Can you please help me fix this issue?...
  3. Window 11 Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Taskbar size: Hello! I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, the taskbar size is too small, and I have followed various methods to fix it but to no avail. Can you please help me fix this issue?...
  4. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  5. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  6. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b
  7. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b
  8. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  9. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  10. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Customization