Windows 10: Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear

Discus and support Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I have enable the option to hide the taskbar because I think it makes my desktop look much better. The problem is that sometimes I have to minimize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by diogo120, Apr 13, 2021.

1. diogo120 Win User

Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear

So, I have enable the option to hide the taskbar because I think it makes my desktop look much better. The problem is that sometimes I have to minimize all of my windows sometimes it works if I just minimize a specific one to get the taskbar to reappear and it's quite annoying. Is this a known bug and does it have any possible fix?

:)

diogo120, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

German keyboard appearing in Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if you are able to remove the language pack:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      lpksetup /u de-DE.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear - Similar Threads - Taskbar sometimes refuses

2. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  3. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  4. sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.: hisometimes this writing appears on the desktop which refuses to go away. Sfc/scannow and dism can't help fix it. i can't see other icons in the immediate surroundings of this writing on the taskbar. Only PC restart fixes this problem but one can't restart PC repeatedly just...
  5. sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.: hisometimes this writing appears on the desktop which refuses to go away. Sfc/scannow and dism can't help fix it. i can't see other icons in the immediate surroundings of this writing on the taskbar. Only PC restart fixes this problem but one can't restart PC repeatedly just...
  6. A command screen sometimes appears

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A command screen sometimes appears: Hello I sometimes see a command screen suddenly appearing on my screen. Just for a few seconds. I've never noticed this before so I was worried it could be some kind of virus. Can anyone help me out as to why it is suddenly appearing like that? Thanks in advance...
  7. Taskbar icons refuse to group

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons refuse to group: Win10 pro 10240 Classic Start Menu Until recently the pinned icons and active programs would combine so that there was only one icon per program. Now the pinned icons and active ones are separate -- and filling up space. I checked the taskbar settings and it is set to...
  8. Sometimes Certain Windows Refuse to Come to the Front

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes Certain Windows Refuse to Come to the Front: Hello all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and so far (for the most part) it's working great! The only issue I have is that some windows won't focus and stay on top when I alt-tab to it or click it, like it did in all other versions of Windows. For example: I...
  9. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...