Windows 10: Taskbar, start and booting issues

Discus and support Taskbar, start and booting issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently my laptop won’t let me click on the taskbar or the start button. Sometimes it takes a long while to boot up and when it does it’s as of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Intelligent-Escape25, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Taskbar, start and booting issues

So recently my laptop won’t let me click on the taskbar or the start button. Sometimes it takes a long while to boot up and when it does it’s as of the laptop is brand new because my wallpaper is back to default and my internet browser history is gone and wiped out. I can’t access settings or change wifi or change volume from the mixer or anything like that. I’m wondering what I can do about this?

submitted by /u/Intelligent-Escape25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Intelligent-Escape25, Apr 18, 2022

2. Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Taskbar, start and booting issues [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar, start and booting issues

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar, start and booting issues

1. Taskbar, start and booting issues - Similar Threads - Taskbar start booting

2. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  3. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  4. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  5. Issue: Something's starting and instantly closing regularly in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue: Something's starting and instantly closing regularly in taskbar: A couple of days ago i started having a weird and annoying issue. I've done malware-scans with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, so i'm sure it's not something evil. Besides, i'm always very careful and have a very hygienic system. :) The issue happens every couple of...
  6. Taskbar issues and start menu fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar issues and start menu fail: So my pc recently started having issues. The windows task bar is completely unresponsive, I can’t access the start menu and settings (even through sound control options), I can’t press the desktop button, all the windows key shortcuts don’t work, and for some reason I can’t...
  7. Taskbar/Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar/Start Menu Issue: My task bar/start menu will not open. Type to search - nothing. On top of that Outlook will not send and receive. Any ideas? submitted by /u/jstyer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkwv85/taskbarstart_menu_issue/
  8. Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.: I don't know when this started exactly, but my pc has been suffering from a few problems. Firstly, when I click (left or right mouse button) on the start menu, cortana, nothing happens. Clicking one of the app icons like edge or store brings up a text window that says class...
  9. Running into multiple issues, starting with boot error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running into multiple issues, starting with boot error: This all started when I tried to reset by HP Laptop to factory default. I ended up running into error code 0xc0000225. After looking up many things, I created a bootable USB and attempted to repair the computer. Startup repair did nothing. When I tried to load the command...
  10. Multiple issues with taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple issues with taskbar and start button: So I've recently been having some issues with my computer. Many of the buttons on my task-bar won't work (calculator, search button, auto-clicker among others), I can't right-click anything on it, neither the Action Center nor the calendar will open, and when I click the...