Windows 10: Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

Discus and support Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed a new ssd but since ive lost permissions and since changing that ive lost the ability to use the taskbar on my desktop. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jonnyt228, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

I recently installed a new ssd but since ive lost permissions and since changing that ive lost the ability to use the taskbar on my desktop. Ive already tried restarting windows expporer and ran scans on both command promt and powershell and its telling me 67 things dont exist??? I restored, restarted, and still my taskbar is frozen. Any advice would be appreciated. Ive done all the searching on google i can and have no luck still. Hopefully my fellow redditors can help me out here.

submitted by /u/Jonnyt228
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jonnyt228, Sep 1, 2020

2. Taskbar, Start Menu, Systray and Notification Area are not working. Looks frozen.

After updating 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016871), my system's Taskbar, Start Menu, Systray and Notification Area are not working. These features looks frozen. But Cortana search bar is working. Notifications
    count are displayed and notification area is not showing on click the icon.

What could be the issue? I googled but couldn't find the solution.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rajkumar J, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Skedge Win User

Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

Start Button, Search Bar and Notifications have become disabled after Updates.

I have upgraded from Win7 Home Premium. Initially, I was unable to get the Start Button, Search and Notifications to work. Searched the web and tried all sorts. Nothing worked.

Reverted back to Win7. Removed AVG anti-virus. Upgraded again. Everything worked. Two days later, after windows update installed two updates, I was left once again with No Start Button (left click) Search Bar or Notifications.. I have tried a couple of fixes
    from this site, as suggested by a Microsoft support person. These have not worked. Applying a different user doesn't work.

Pulling hair out, ready to go back to Win 7.

Any suggestions?

Skedge, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

1. Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar start button

2. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  3. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  4. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start Button and Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button and Search bar not working: Hi All, I have tried googling the above issues and took several steps to solve this to no avail. below are the steps which I took: 1 SFC scan - told me not issues. 2 Clean boot 3 Get-AppXPackage- Error: The database disk image is malformed 4 Start application...
  9. start button and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start button and search bar not working: dear sir respectfully i beg to say that after purchase of laptop i face many problem in window 10 i install program and after installation window not working properly. program running after installing and after restart program not work. 8 days working i want to solution...
  10. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...