Windows 10: Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug

Discus and support Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've got a slideshow of images set as my desktop background, and under the Personalization settings for Colors I have the three settings "Automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cntrl15, Aug 15, 2015.

1. cntrl15 Win User

Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug

I've got a slideshow of images set as my desktop background, and under the Personalization settings for Colors I have the three settings "Automatically pick an accent color", "Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" and "Make start, taskbar, and action center" all switched to On.

The problem is the accent color selection does not automatically refresh when the slideshow rolls to the next image. I have to either send the computer to sleep and wake it up, or toggle the "Automatically pick an accent color" slider in order to get it to refresh. Needless to say this is pretty impractical and I end up just sitting through the whole day with an accent color that only matches the first image of the slideshow.

Does anybody have an explanation, solution or workaround for this problem? It's really bothering me because it was working perfectly in windows 8 and it looks pretty ugly on some of the combinations that roll around.

If it helps anybody identify a fix, it looks like the super-thin window border telling you which window has focus is still updating color correctly, but nothing else, anywhere, does at all.

:)

cntrl15, Aug 15, 2015

2. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

Hi, sabinopagano,

You can easily change the color of your Start Menu and Taskbar.

Head to Settings > Personalization > Colors to get started. Windows lets you pick a single accent color from a small group of colors. That color will show on your Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. Just click any color you want to use.

You can also let Windows pick an accent color for you based on your current background wallpaper by selecting the “Automatically pick an accent color from my background” option.

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

Smittychat., Aug 15, 2015
  3. loyall Win User
    How to make tile colors uniform?

In Win10 my start menu tiles are all blue except one which is brown. In Desktop\Personalize\colors, "automatically pick..." is turned off. Blue is selected as "Show color on Start, Taskbar..." Why is one tile color different from the rest. How can I fix
    it?

loyall, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Amyrul Win User

i have the exact same problem and it is really bothering me

Amyrul, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Enrique Win User
    This beautiful feature Works in my System - via Classic Shell -. I have an Ice Theme original from Microsoft, and when the wallpaper change, also change the colors in the taskbar and in the Classic Shell Menu Start.

Enrique, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug - Similar Threads - Taskbar Start Menu

2. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  3. No color in start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No color in start menu.: [ATTACH] It all of a sudden changed and I don't know why. In the settings app it says that I chose purple but it shows on everything but the start menu. https://preview.redd.it/eew2ku4jyoj61.png?width=803&format=png&auto=webp&s=078a5f14b368d30950c070b9063a7c1dcd9dc5c5...
  4. context menu selection color

context menu selection color: So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected items. This happens in both context menus and even in apps. I think this change started with the 20H2 release. It's happened...
  5. selecting taskbar color

selecting taskbar color: I am still having trouble selecting taskbar colors. Acting on a previous suggestion from the community, I chose Color Mode as Custom to enable colors on taskbar and other elements. I then chose Windows Mode as Dark and App Mode as light. So far so good. But the problem is...
  6. selecting taskbar color

selecting taskbar color: Please help. I have tried to follow instructions for selecting taskbar color as follows without success. 1. I right-clinked on taskbar. 2. I selected taskbar settings. 3. I hit start button, then chose settings, then chose personalization. 4. I chose colors in light...
  7. Start Menu Colors

Start Menu Colors: Ok, so I have a question regarding the Start Menu. It's nothing serious I'm just curious. Ok, so when you look at the Start Menu, for some reason some icons have blue backgrounds or purple. Would there be a way I can change these colors manually without using the Start Menu...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar: This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482