Windows 10: Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

Discus and support Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Start Menu customization tab which was included in the, "Taskbar and Start Menu" appilet you get when you right click the taskbar and choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akaihiryuu, Jul 30, 2015.

1. AndreyT Win User

Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

Yes, that's the way it should be. Only pre-release versions of Windows 10 had that tab. Later Microsoft decided to remove it entirely. The first release version of Windows 10 did not have it.

All Start Menu customizations have been relocated to Settings->Personalization->Start​.

AndreyT, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Chenzo Win User

@AndreyT... Holy crap!!! That means I'm all good!
    @Microsoft... I take back everything I said. *Roflmao2
    @Brink... Thanks for puttin up with me!*Thumbs

Chenzo, Nov 16, 2015
  3. ZAC
    ZAC Win User
    Well it is march 2016, and although I can see some customization in this location there does not show any option for the "administrative tools" as mentioned in other articles. Yes, that can be found in control panel but it used to be found from taskbar, customize. If this is an official change then they also need to delete the words "and start menu" from taskbar properties.

4. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

On Windows 8.x and lower versions of Windows, you’re be able to apply customization’s to the Start Menu under the Taskbar and and Start Menu Properties which can be found when you right-click on the taskbar. On Windows 10, this setting is not available when you select the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties on the taskbar and in the most recent version of Windows 10, you won’t see the properties at all. The Start Menu settings in the taskbar properties has been removed in Windows 10 therefore you can’t find the Start Menu or Taskbar settings as you would on earlier versions of Windows. This Start Menu customization setting has been moved to Settings > Personalization > Start whereas the Taskbar settings has been moved to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. The steps below further illustrate how to access this setting on Windows 10. Why Is Start Menu Tab Missing from Taskbar Properties on Windows 10? - Appuals.com

kamilanwar, Jan 24, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @ZAC, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should see "Windows Administrative Tools" listed in the All Apps list in your Start menu like below.

Administrative Tools - Open in Windows 10

Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

1. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing - Similar Threads - Taskbar start menu

2. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  3. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  4. missing start menu / taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing start menu / taskbar: Hi. I purchased a cheap fanless PCHYerobox from Amazon that came preloaded with Windows 10. I installed software and configured the taskbar the way I liked it and was happy with the performance. One day the taskbar / start menu disappeared and I don't know how to get it back....
  5. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  6. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  7. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize

Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize: I hope this hasn't been already asked. I'm trying to get my "Start Menu" to look similar to the below right image. I've read tutorials and I simply do not have or can not find the "Customize Start Menu" dialogue box. I am currently running the final release of Windows 10...
  9. Customized Start Menu Icon Missing

Customized Start Menu Icon Missing: We have a customized start menu pushed out via group policy. Our machines are also built via Audit mode and sysprep so very "cookie cutter" We have one user who reported after an application crash they rebooted the machine and now one of the icons from the pushed start menu...
  10. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

in Windows 10 Support
    "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??: Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did...