Windows 10: Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

Discus and support Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PYTGamer, Jul 27, 2016.

1. PYTGamer Win User

Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

Hi,
    i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my taskbar is having all kind of problems like literally, first start with my "Start Menu" it not functioning anymore, than the search bar, some programs icons are not appearing (Chrome, Mozilla) i can't right click as it does nothing, Plus after Upgrading i had some missing programs such as: Ccleaner / Format Factory
    i've tried every solution that i've found in the internet and nothing helped me fix those issues, if anyone could give me a hand that would be very kind thanks in advance.

:)

PYTGamer, Jul 27, 2016

2. One of my login users lost Win 10 icon app

OT: Window start menu and Taskbar

Hi, there I have some problems with one of my users. I don't see icons on taskbar while I was running it? All app include Setting app, Store app (Calculator, Alarm, Weather,...) is still running well but missing icon from both Start menu and Taskbar.

It just happened with only one important user on my computer.

Please help me with this problem!!

PhuongNguyen96, Jul 27, 2016
  3. fthynne Win User
    Windows 10: All Apps hidden by taskbar

The All Apps icon that previously appeared below the Power icon on the Start menu is now hidden by the Taskbar.

Auto-hide is working in Desktop mode but not in Tablet mode (I assume that is what I see when pressing the Windows key to see the Start Menu).

This would not be a problem if the column of icons at the left of the Start Menu scrolled with all the other icons and times. That scrolling works even though the taskbar is not hidden.

This problem was not always present and might have appeared with the Anniversary Update :-(

fthynne, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Need your complete system specs.....and is this a branded OEM PC or a custom built PC?

Plankton, Jul 28, 2016
  5. PYTGamer Win User
    It's a custom built:
    Asus P8Z68 V-PRO
    i5 2500k 3.33GHz
    Kingston 2x4Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    R9 290x 4Gb Twin Forzr

PYTGamer, Jul 28, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Some programs may need to be reinstalled. Especially if they are older and there are newer versions out.
    CCleaner - Standard
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Jul 28, 2016
  7. PYTGamer Win User
    Ok, first of all, start and search are not working, this is what the whole topic is all about ^^, plus i already tried it and it did nothing.

PYTGamer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help - Similar Threads - Taskbar Start Menu

2. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Icon Problem: Hi. I installed the new version of Windows 10 and this happened to icons' appearance on my start menu and search section. A cross appears on each app and they flash when I hover the mouse pointer on them. I'm experiencing this not only in the start menu but also in lots of...
  3. Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons: This is an odd problem, but it seems there are moments when I cannot click on my taskbar/start menu. When hovering over the icons, they aren't highlighted. I'm unsure if this is a problem with my mouse (I use a Logitech G502), but it seems that I can temporarily click on...
  4. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  5. Taskbar and start menu is white! HELP! :(

Taskbar and start menu is white! HELP! :(: Hi Guys, I switched to a new desktop where my background wallpapers got synced but the taskbar and start menu have become white. How do I make it black like it used to be? Please help sort it out asap if possible. Here is a screenshot - Thank you. [IMG]...
  6. Start menu pin icon problem

Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...
  7. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icon Problem: So I upgraded to Windows 10 and so far everything seems to be working fine however the one problem I've had is a problem with the icons for Google Chrome and Origin on the start menu. The Chrome icon is really over sized compared to what it should be and is on a black...
  8. Start up menu and Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu and Taskbar problems: I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew...
  9. Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems: I did the sfc scannow, the powershell app thing, I think I did the DSIM thing too. What can I do? 28297
  10. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.: Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to resolve this issue without having to restart the computer, in case this happens next time? A bit annoyed that such an issue...