Windows 10: Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

Discus and support Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While running full screen games, videos, etc, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen remains visible. This issue has occurred ever since I got my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JJ Jennings, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

While running full screen games, videos, etc, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen remains visible. This issue has occurred ever since I got my new computer, which came with a clean version of Windows 10. I have not experienced this issue with previous computers. I'm wondering if there's something that was toggled by default I need to fix?

In other threads with similar questions, the answer has been to select the option "Auto-hide the task bar in desktop mode." This is NOT the fix I am looking for, as that only shrinks the taskbar, and lets you recall it by scrolling to the bottom of the screen. There should be a way to make the task bar disappear completely until you exit full screen mode.

In a small number of fullscreen applications (I've only encountered 1 with this specific issue so far) the task bar is invisible but still there, and clicking where the task bar is allows you to select things on it (for example, clicking in the bottom right corner of the screen while in a full screen game exits the game and pulls up the calendar/clock from task bar.) In the remainder, the task bar is visible over the full-screen application.

Example:

Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode f53bb991-a962-4b6d-b5a7-5a41623add44?upload=true.jpg

How do I fix this?

:)

JJ Jennings, Sep 29, 2018
  2. pepanee Win User

Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

Let's try an attempt at resetting default computer settings by doing simple steps.

1) Right click on the Taskbar, and uncheck Lock the taskbar
    2) Click-and-drag the Taskbar over to the left side of the screen, and let go of the mouse click, to set the Taskbar over there
    3) Again, now click-and-drag the Taskbar from the left part of your screen right back down to the bottom
    4) Right click on the Taskbar, and check Lock the taskbar

Try running full screen applications.

Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode [​IMG]

pepanee, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Taskbar Remains Visible in Full-Screen Mode

I don't want to completely hide the taskbar, but it should not be visible when Chrome is in full-screen mode. As I noted in my original post, the taskbar behaves normally on the secondary monitor.

MCSiegel73, Sep 29, 2018
  4. GTNoble Win User

Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

Taskbar Remains Visible in Full-Screen Mode

This started occurring for me yesterday when running a game in full-screen mode. I like having the taskbar visible when having windows open as applications, but never when in true full-screen.

GTNoble, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

1. Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar stays visible

2. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  3. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  4. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing Destiny 2 via Steam in full screen mode and occasionally, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game...
  5. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing Destiny 2 via Steam in full screen mode and occasionally, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game...
  6. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  7. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  8. Taskbar stays in full screen

9. My taskbar stays visible when a program is in full screen, is there a way to fix or disable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar stays visible when a program is in full screen, is there a way to fix or disable...: Recently I noticed when watching YouTube in full screen or opening games in full screen, my taskbar stays visible and on top of the program, causing me to not be able to see or click stuff on the right side of my screen. I have my taskbar set to the right side of my screen...
  10. Black Screen While in Full Screen Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen While in Full Screen Mode: Sometimes when I'm in full screen mode where i'm in Chrome, Minecraft, or any other game, my screen goes black when i try to play in Full Screen Mode. I have no clue why but it's really frustrating....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar stays in full screen

2. taskbar is visible while watching full screen

3. taskbar stays when in fullscreen

4. taskbar still visible in full screen mode,
  5. taskbar staying in full screen,
  6. taskbar stays on top of fullscreen game,
  7. task bar stays on screen when gaming,
  8. taskbar staying on full screen,
  9. taskbar stays up in full screen,
  10. taskbar visible in fullscreen,
  11. bottom computer part still there when watching a video,
  12. playing wot task bar stays up,
  13. taskbar keeps on-screen while fullscreen,
  14. bottom of screen still there in wow,
  15. why when i play a video full screen the task bar stays on at bottom of screen