Windows 10: taskbar still show active app in different desktop

Discus and support taskbar still show active app in different desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so this is very annoying to me, i often use multiple desktops for work and relaxing apps, so i often open office in one desktop and open say youtube in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nizam96, Jul 16, 2020.

1. taskbar still show active app in different desktop

so this is very annoying to me, i often use multiple desktops for work and relaxing apps, so i often open office in one desktop and open say youtube in another desktop. problem is that now when i swtich desktops, the apps are still shown in taskbar as if its open in the desktop but if i click it switches to the original desktop. i request for an assistance as i cant found any explanation or workaround this issue

submitted by /u/Nizam96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nizam96, Jul 16, 2020

2. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Enable different active Taskbar buttons per Virtual Desktop

When I switch from one virtual desktop to another, the active Taskbar Buttons from a different Virtual Desktop are still present. Is there a way that only the active Taskbar Buttons of the active (currently displayed) Virtual Desktop will be visible on
    the Taskbar?

Steve Dhagz, Jul 16, 2020
  4. pedalpete Win User

taskbar still show active app in different desktop

App not on desktop, but open in taskbar

This may be a 'feature', but I have no idea why or what it would be.

I've experienced this problem with a few different apps. When moving the app, if the mouse shakes a bit (like what used to clear the desktop in windows 7) a small red pin is displayed on the top right the app window, and if I release the mouse button, the
    app disappears completely.

The rest of the apps on the desktop are still visible. The app is still running in the task bar and hovering over the app in the taskbar shows the different windows of the app I am trying to get back to. The app is running, but nowhere to be seen.

I thought maybe it was one of those situations where the app was just 'off the desktop' on some random screen that does't exist anymore, so I used 'alt-space' to bring up the app menu and move the window. I can move the window, but it still never shows up.

When I hover over the app in the taskbar and then hover over the little window pop-up in the taskbar, the window I'm trying to get to is shown on the desktop, and here is the HINT: it does not have any chrome on it. When I leave the hovered taskbar pop-up
    the window I'm trying to get to disappears again.

If this was a one time thing, I would chalk it up to some strange bug, but I hit this about once week! The only solution is to reboot the machine and then everthing comes back to normal.

Along with knowing how to get my apps back, I'd be curious as to what the benefit of this 'feature' is?

pedalpete, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

taskbar still show active app in different desktop

1. taskbar still show active app in different desktop - Similar Threads - taskbar still show

2. Different Desktops but one taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Desktops but one taskbar: Hi Allis this setting available in Windows 10?Let's say that I have 2 desktops Windows Key + Tab. and I have Outlook open in Desktops 1 while I'm working on Desktop 2,while I'm in Desktop 2, If I click on Outlook Icon in the Task Bar, what will happen is, instead of moving to...
  3. Different Desktops but one taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different Desktops but one taskbar: Hi Allis this setting available in Windows 10?Let's say that I have 2 desktops Windows Key + Tab. and I have Outlook open in Desktops 1 while I'm working on Desktop 2,while I'm in Desktop 2, If I click on Outlook Icon in the Task Bar, what will happen is, instead of moving to...
  4. Different Desktops but one taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  6. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  7. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working: I've recently had a problem where I boot my computer up and no apps or icons that were there are now gone. I have linked up my laptop to a second monitor and used the second monitor as the main one for a while. But when I unplugged the HDMI cord that leads to my second...
  8. Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading: My windows 10 problem is hanging due to background running apps and programmes. They are stopping me when i access to safe mode.The safe mode become black and I leave the system for half hour and then half hour later some icons appear in taskbar but desktop was still blank...
  9. Show Desktop on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop on the Taskbar: [img] I hope this an easy one. This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same. 120614
  10. Taskbar and apps not showing

Taskbar and apps not showing: so my mom's old laptop runs Windows 10 but after a year it shows basicly a black screen.No apps no taskbar no start meniu nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/taskbar-and-apps-not-showing/4639bd31-c3e2-489e-80d2-cb1780f399a2