Windows 10: Taskbar stopped working since update

Discus and support Taskbar stopped working since update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, Ever since the latest update my taskbar just doesn't load so I can't open any apps or anything. I've reset it to a previous update before and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ymorai, Sep 13, 2020.

1. /u/ymorai Win User

Taskbar stopped working since update

Hi guys, Ever since the latest update my taskbar just doesn't load so I can't open any apps or anything. I've reset it to a previous update before and that worked for a bit but then it demanded I do an update and we're back to square one.

I've tried restarting explorer but that doesn't work and this is a persistent issue where restarting the whole computer doesn't work either. I also can't get into the start menu when it's like this so that rules out a ton of options too.

Does anyone have any ideas for a more permanent solution?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/ymorai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ymorai, Sep 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2020
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 - Taskbar Volume Icon Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

Hi,

If you can hear the sound normally, the issue may not be driver related.

In that case, we suggest resetting the Audio Service by following the steps below:

• Go to Search, type services.msc, and go to Services.
    • Find Windows Audio, right click on it, and go to Properties.
    • First, make sure that Startup type is set to Automatic.

Taskbar stopped working since update 87a4995f-245e-4302-830d-d2cb29682808.png
    • Then, click on Stop, and wait for the process to stop.
    • Now, click to Start again
    • Restart your computer, and check if you will be able to access the volume icon on the taskbar.

Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar stopped working since update - Similar Threads - Taskbar stopped working

2. Taskbar stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stops working: The task bar becomes unresponsive and when I mouse over it, the cursor becomes a spinning wheel and never stops.I can't access the Start menu.I can't access the search in the taskbar.The Windows key on the keyboard does nothing.I can't type anything in the search bar of a...
  3. Taskbar stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stops working: The task bar becomes unresponsive and when I mouse over it, the cursor becomes a spinning wheel and never stops.I can't access the Start menu.I can't access the search in the taskbar.The Windows key on the keyboard does nothing.I can't type anything in the search bar of a...
  4. Taskbar stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Since KB5015730 update 'stisvc stopped working'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since KB5015730 update 'stisvc stopped working': Since Update KB5015730, 'stisvc stopped working'.Carried out sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthSystem fixed but stisvc stopped working persists.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎21/‎06/‎2020 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows...
  6. Since KB5015730 update 'stisvc stopped working'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since KB5015730 update 'stisvc stopped working': Since Update KB5015730, 'stisvc stopped working'.Carried out sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthSystem fixed but stisvc stopped working persists.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎21/‎06/‎2020 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows...
  7. Since KB5015730 update 'stisvc stopped working'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Surface Taskbar not working since previous update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Taskbar not working since previous update: Hi, The taskbar does not pop-up when I press the left lower corner windows icon. Neither does the "connect to a new wifi", "connect to a new bluetooth device", speaker volume, etc pop-up once I right-click it. However, if I left-click any of this icons, it works fine. I've...
  9. Taskbar notifications stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar notifications stopped working: I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon no longer displays the badge with the unread message count. I didn't change anything in settings, but have already checked to make sure these notifications are turned on...
  10. Autohide for taskbar stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autohide for taskbar stop working: Hello -- I have my taskbar set to autohide -- it seems more so lately that it freezes in "visible" position and its always "on top" so can't get to windows under it --- it seems the only way to un-freeze it is to restart explorer.exe --- is this a bug?...