Windows 10: Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop...

Discus and support Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] normally, if the window was open, you would be able to see a tiny version of it when you hovered over the app. Now, it doesn't do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PurpleBoy4476, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop...

Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop... d2e73dc7-25b9-44d9-a7c2-e58cc98a476b?upload=true.png

normally, if the window was open, you would be able to see a tiny version of it when you hovered over the app. Now, it doesn't do that.

:)

PurpleBoy4476, Dec 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

Hi, I understand you do not see taskbar thumbnails when hovering over an active icon on the taskbar.

You could use this recommended reputable free tool to try re-enabling that - by unchecking the box of course.

Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop... [​IMG]

Also
    How to Disable Live Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

This also helped someone with a similar problem:
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Suitable search string for Google etc:
    enable taskbar thumbnail preview

dalchina, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Eddo51 Win User
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Maybe my comment was ambiguous. I want the list to show longer. When I hover on a taskbar icon, it shows the list for about 4 seconds and then stops showing. I want to show the list of open windows to show as long as I hover over the taskbar icon.

Eddo51, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop...

taskbar hover names wont go away

Hey all

So I don't normally have issues with windows but this is persistent and annoying.

whenever I hover over a program in my taskbar, it shows the name above it, even after I stop hovering. video

here

any help is appreciated as its completely random and I cant fix it.

SAM_EEKIM10_YT, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop...

1. Taskbar suddenly stopped showing the app names after hovering over them or wouldn't stop... - Similar Threads - Taskbar suddenly stopped

2. Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names: I have a full taskbar. I've chosen to combine the taskbar icons when the taskbar is full. When I hover over one of the icons say Word, I see a horizontal arrangement of say three abutted thumbnails, one per Word document. The filenames show above the thumbnails in truncated...
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  5. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  7. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  8. The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar: The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar. Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS 19042.867 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I found the checkmark in adminpanel, it did not help. Updated...
  9. Sudden Restarts - No way to stop them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Restarts - No way to stop them: Hello, Ever since I got this laptop I've had occasional sudden restarts. I am simply given the message: [ATTACH] And true to its word, Windows will suddenly shut down, restart, and continue to operate for the rest of the day with seemingly no problems for the rest of...
  10. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514