Windows 10: Taskbar switches from top to bottom?

Discus and support Taskbar switches from top to bottom? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 home 1909 fully up to date. I often find that the taskbar switches from the top of my dual monitor display (desktop PC) to the bottom on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Willabong, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Willabong Win User

Taskbar switches from top to bottom?

Windows 10 home 1909 fully up to date.
    I often find that the taskbar switches from the top of my dual monitor display (desktop PC) to the bottom on both displays even though I have the taskbars locked and setup correctly in settings. Anyone else having this problem? And is there a solution to stop this happening?

All advice welcome!

:)

Willabong, Feb 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Taskbar locks up when I switch on the computer and the computer lags Windows 10.

Hi Shawn,

I suggest you to check the taskbar auto-hide settings is set correctly or not as below.

• Right click on the ‘Taskbar’ and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Under ‘Taskbar’ tab. Check the option ‘Auto-hide the taskbar’.
    • Then click on ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’.

If still the issue persists then, I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter as below.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on System Maintenance.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12425/windows-10-free-up-drive-space

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar switches from top to bottom? - Similar Threads - Taskbar switches top

2. How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?: How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top on my Microsoft Surface Go3 with Windows 11S? I'm facing touch issues when using the Microsoft Pen, and I believe relocating the toolbar would be more convenient for me....
  3. How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?: How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top on my Microsoft Surface Go3 with Windows 11S? I'm facing touch issues when using the Microsoft Pen, and I believe relocating the toolbar would be more convenient for me....
  4. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  5. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar at the top behaves as if it was on the bottom on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar at the top behaves as if it was on the bottom on startup: This started earlier this week. When I start my computer, any window I open and maximize will have a gap at the bottom as if there was a taskbar there, and the top of it will be behind the taskbar because my taskbar is at the top. It will correct itself if I move the taskbar...
  7. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen: I recently got a laptop with Windows 10 and there's this weird row of pixels that flash sometimes on the bottom of the screen. They sometimes don't flash, sometimes they do, and a lot of the time they disappear completely. Does anyone know what's causing this? I already...
  8. Both my Top & Bottom taskbars are auto-hiding. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Both my Top & Bottom taskbars are auto-hiding. WIndows 10: I have always had the taskbars locked but for whatever reason both are now auto-hiding & it's a pain. Here's a snip of my Settings: [ATTACH] Can you help, please? PS If I've used the wrong category, topic etc, would a Moderator please move this? TIA...
  9. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  10. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

in Windows 10 Support
    toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back: I know how to do it in several steps, but it would be ideal if it could be achieved by a hotkey or a batchfile. Do either exist ? 128451