Windows 10: Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Discus and support Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PedroEmanuel4, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing seems to work. couldn't do startup very well since I couldn't disable the start up programs

:)

PedroEmanuel4, Aug 2, 2020

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working

Hi Liam,

One of the possible reasons why Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager is not showing is due to software conflicts. To resolve your issue, we recommend that you perform a clean boot. This will help eliminate
    software conflicts that may have occurred when you updated Windows. To perform a clean boot, follow the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.

I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.

Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like loading state.

Everything works fine such as opening my computer, playing video, opening chrome via the program files.

But it does not show up in the taskbar.

Every time I shutdown or restart it takes a long time to execute it and I tend to forced shutdown it.

Can you please give me some advice what to do?

Thanks

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC)

AndyTimotie, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

1. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working. - Similar Threads - Taskbar Task manager

2. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  3. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  4. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  6. My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working

My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. Also my desktop blank but the wallpaper is still there I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Every time i open my...
  7. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...
  8. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  9. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  10. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...