Windows 10: Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working

Discus and support Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This ocurring xonstantly since yesterday. It may or may not be related to the new update. I have a dell notebook with 8 GB ram and a i5 processor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lv35Boss, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working

This ocurring xonstantly since yesterday. It may or may not be related to the new update. I have a dell notebook with 8 GB ram and a i5 processor.

Minutes after starting up the computer the taskbar will freeze. Clicking on it does nothing. Keyboard shortcuts also won't work, so i can't even call the taskmanager.

Applications such as the browser keep running as long as i don't minimize them, because then they're gone. When i shut it on and off it takes as much as 20 minutes to be responsive again.

Is someone else having these issues?

submitted by /u/Lv35Boss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lv35Boss, Jul 17, 2020
  2. APG6 Win User

my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: Search isn't working on Windows 10? Try these fixes.

Any ideas?

3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 17, 2020
  4. D. Joe Win User

Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working

Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working

1. Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar taskmanager search

2. Is the taskmanager "Search" process safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the taskmanager "Search" process safe: The image is in Danish and translates to "Search". I'm unsure of what program it is and have only recently noticed it popping up on my taskmanager. Should I be worried?...
  3. Is the taskmanager "Search" process safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the taskmanager "Search" process safe: The image is in Danish and translates to "Search". I'm unsure of what program it is and have only recently noticed it popping up on my taskmanager. Should I be worried?...
  4. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working: When logging in everything seems to work fine but with time, it gets worse:When I press crtl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+delete and then on task manager, it does not open the task manager. So there is no way I can think of to restart explorer.exe.Nothing on the taskbar works....
  5. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working: When logging in everything seems to work fine but with time, it gets worse:When I press crtl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+delete and then on task manager, it does not open the task manager. So there is no way I can think of to restart explorer.exe.Nothing on the taskbar works....
  6. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

7. My taskmanager, windows search and search in file manager is also not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskmanager, windows search and search in file manager is also not working.: On opening Taskmanager i get the prompt "C:\windows\credui.dll is not designed to run " . Please do help me Ms community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskmanager-windows-search-and-search-in-file/a3df531a-61de-479c-b361-b4d2df942c8f
  8. My taskmanager, windows search and search in file manager is also not working.

My taskmanager, windows search and search in file manager is also not working.: On opening Taskmanager i get the prompt "C:\windows\credui.dll is not designed to run " . Please do help me Ms community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskmanager-windows-search-and-search-in-file/a3df531a-61de-479c-b361-b4d2df942c8f
  9. Search in Taskbar not Working

in Cortana
    Search in Taskbar not Working: Hi All, After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Education Version 2004, i discovered that the search bar in the taskbar doesn't work. I try to type in it after pressing the Windows button and nothing happens. I click in the search bar with my mouse and nothing happens. I was...
  10. taskbar search not working

in Cortana
    taskbar search not working: taskbar search not accessing internet. windows 10 and latest version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-not-working/13b06201-7685-4e41-bdca-5c585878cf42