Windows 10: Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

Discus and support Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I made a video here on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgH3CElVJA Please help! This makes my PC unuseable. Win ver: 1909 Build 18363.720... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonynca, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

/u/tonynca, Mar 26, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

1. Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select - Similar Threads - Taskbar thumbnail disappear

2. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.: Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before,...
  3. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.: Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before,...
  4. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  5. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  6. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing: [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?...
  7. Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip2p2i/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_delay_before_taskbar/
  8. **** - thumbnails disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    **** - thumbnails disappeared.: I had a problem. I posted a question. Greg Carmack responded. I cannot get back to his response to respond to it, so I am posting again. . I followed his directions and lost my whole desk top. Now all I have is a solid white screen. He responded to me on an email I...
  9. Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly: Hello, When you move the mouse out of an application thumbnail in the taskbar, there is a short delay before it disappear. This delay is very annoying, in particular when you work with softwares which have some buttons on the left side and makes the Windows 10 UI some kind...
  10. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....