Windows 10: Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

Discus and support Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I made a video here on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgH3CElVJA Please help! This makes my PC unuseable. Win ver: 1909 Build 18363.720... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonynca, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:22 PM.

1. Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

2. dalchina Win User
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

4. Dgo47 Win User

Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Thema:

Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

1. Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select - Similar Threads - Taskbar thumbnail disappear

2. Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it: Hi, I have a serious issue with Windows that greatly hinders productivity. The taskbar thumbnail appears and disappears very quickly before I could click on them upon hovering. I use to have this issue with my old profile so I created a new one and started installing all my...
  3. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....
  4. PC sleeps too quickly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC sleeps too quickly.: I am using WIN10, latest update. However this problem has existed from the beginning of installing WIN10. I will be working, and move away from my PC for maybe two minutes and the PC will be sleeping. I have changed the time to remain on all the way from 15 minutes to...
  5. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  6. Win 10 taskbar thumbnails disappear after couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 taskbar thumbnails disappear after couple of seconds: Good day I bought a new HP laptop and installed the minor applications for work. Bitdefender, Office, SAP, etc... However since day one I have this issue where the taskbar tumbnails disappear after a couple of seconds when hovering over them. This is SO frustrating! I have...
  7. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  8. Icon thumbnails disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon thumbnails disappearing: Very often all my thumbnails will disappear. Desktop, toolbar, file thumbnails etc all disappear and will not reload until I restart my system. This happens way to often and computer seems sluggish when it does. What can I do?? I figure it's a memory problem but I'm not...
  9. Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup: Whenever I startup Windows 10 Creators Update these days, I always seem to get an unknown taskbar icon that flashes and quickly disappears. Here is a video for you guys to see what I'm talking about - it appears right next to the quick launch Firefox icon at the start....
  10. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563