Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoTexture, Mar 22, 2022.

1. NoTexture Win User

Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text

:)

NoTexture, Mar 22, 2022

2. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Bilo Win User
    Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

4. BamsBamx Win User

How to disable Taskbar Thumbnail preview in Windows 10?

Just wanted to disable window preview thumbnail in the taskbar:

Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working HsB63.png

This is just the same as How to disable Taskbar Thumbnail preview in Windows 8 ? .

I followed some solutions written in the answer, but none of them seem to work or dont exist registry codes in Windows 10

Any suggestion for this? Better if its not needed to install a program like Taskbar Tweaker

BamsBamx, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnail preview

2. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  3. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  4. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar Thumbnail Preview not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Hovering over any open program icon on the taskbar on your Windows 10 PC, you will see the Taskbar thumbnail preview. When you have so many programs open, thumbnail preview will be quite helpful in switching between programs as it gives you a quick glance of which...
  6. Taskbar thumbnail preview not working

Taskbar thumbnail preview not working: Hi Sir/Mam,As you can see in above attached screenshot that whenever I hover curser over any opened application in taskbar it doesn't show me the preview at all. WHether it's a single windows or multiple windows of that application, It doesn't.PLease help me to resolve this...
  7. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  8. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  9. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...: I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page,...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...