Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a New Radeon R7250 Card and Asus GPU Tweak. Everything is properly installed with current drivers and software, and radeon settings have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisWilson999, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

I installed a New Radeon R7250 Card and Asus GPU Tweak. Everything is properly installed with current drivers and software, and radeon settings have been reset to default many times

In a nutshell, I ran the Asus GPU Tweak and selected game mode. it disabled some windows services because I did not deselect them first. But i started them back up, at least all but maybe one. Then I had an issue with Taskbar thumbnail views were gone. So I fixed that with registry edit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband And changed the value to 10 and now I have the taskbar thumbnail previews.

But now I can not get the peek feature to work with open programs, windows, browsers. As in, if you have open items and they are showing on desktop or minimized, if you hover over a particular taskbar thumbnail preview, all the other open items on the desktop will become transparent glass and only show the preview thumbnail you are hovering over on the desktop.

I ran SFC /scannow and Dism scan health and no issues on Dism and sfc/scannow fixed a couple issues So I then UNINSTALLED the Asus GPU Tweak that I had stared up in Game mode that originally stopped those windows services I mentioned earlier. I reset all those settings before I uninstalled and have reset all Radeon display settings.

I also have peek on and the Windows performance options all on. But strangely, if I hover over the far right of the taskbar on the peek bar, it will show all open items on the desktop in the transparent glass. It just will not do it anymore when hovering over an taskbar thumbnail preview as it should.

Now I have a 2nd user account or desktop that I signed into, and the taskbar thumbnail preview hover over to show open items on desktop in transparent glass works. So I know that somehow when I had disabled the windows services when I first ran the Asus tweak game mode on this desktop, that is has disabled this service for showing the transparent glass when hovering over a taskbar thumbnail preview or it changed a registry entry.

I am going to show photos of the problem account and the other account that has no problems that I never ran the Asus Tweak on. And there is absolutely no problems with any drivers or software for my Graphics card. Remember I uninstall Asus tweak, and it still is not fixed. I suspect a certain registry entry needs changed back for the problem account as I mentioned the other account has no issues.

Both desktops are set like this the same.

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 23e696d0-65cc-4114-90f7-9ca66db23a8f?upload=true.jpg

ALSO: Peek on far right of taskbar works correctly on both desktops and shows transparent glass for open items or windows on desktop. This photo shows my black background and desktop icons off.

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 ef945f5f-c54b-47b4-8634-5037f4f4d058?upload=true.jpg

Good desktop while hovering over a thumbnail preview regardless if showing on desktop or minimized. Shows the hovered item and Shows transparent glass for other items or windows on desktop.

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 7ace56ad-33fe-42f6-8c42-2b85298a4352?upload=true.png

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 01c65754-6996-4825-afa1-2669a146f8a4?upload=true.png

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 e4551d29-4a8e-4839-9873-e65a1c7677e7?upload=true.png

The problem desktop while hovering over a thumbnail preview. No transparent glass for other items or windows.

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 08a11087-cd51-4172-936b-ce83808c6044?upload=true.jpg

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 dc1573a7-999f-4db7-83f9-7df0df51ced9?upload=true.jpg

So I believe that one of the registry entries were changed when I ran that Asus GPU Tweak for Game Mode and forgot to de select the windows services and processes, such as start up programs that the program shuts down for game mode. Remember, i have restored and started up services I have noticed that were not started back up and processes of programs that were also shut down. I also uninstalled the Asus Tweak, and ran SFC with repairs success and DISM Scan showing nothing wrong. I did not run DISM restorehealth. I suspect a windows service or registry entry is causing this on only the desktop/account that I used the Asus GPU Tweak. Can anyone guide me to the services or registry changes to fix this.

thank You!

:)

ChrisWilson999, Apr 17, 2019

2. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Bilo Win User
    Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

4. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

daiyueweng, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

1. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

2. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  3. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  4. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  6. taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  7. Taskbar thumbnail preview problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar thumbnail preview problem: [ATTACH] If I have multiple windows of the same application open, I cannot click directly on the icon to open it, but I must necessarily click or hover the cursor over the program icon and choose which of the windows to choose. At first I liked this function, but now I...
  8. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...: I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page,...
  9. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar preview thumbnails problems