Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corlenbelspar, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is.

Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on them, or in an unfocused window. As you can imagine, this gets really annoying when I just move my cursor over an item in the taskbar, and one of these thumbnails pops up indefinitely, until I manage to make it go away manually.

:)

corlenbelspar, Feb 29, 2016
  2. Wataru1 Win User

Surface Pro 4 Taskbar Preview Disappears instantly while fully charged and plugged in

A split from this
    thread
    from the SBook section

Description: When you move the mouse to a program shortcut on the taskbar, it gives you a thumbnail preview of that program. Unless you move the mouse away or click the icon, the thumbnail preview would hang on by default. However, when SP4 is fully charged
    and plugged in, the taskbar thumbnail preview disappears too quickly (varying from instantly to a couple of seconds) without any user action. As identified by users from the SBook thread (link above), this is due to the system charging mechanism keeping grabbing
    the focus away from the preview action so that the preview stops prematurely when the system keeps charging itself. This makes the system very annoying to use because SP4 could not live without being always plugged in (jokes aside).

I made a video to document this
    issue

Wataru1, Feb 29, 2016
  3. HMVlaKov Win User
    windows 10 taskbar window thumbnail / preview - full window name tooltip missing

In Taskbar properties I have this option: Taskbar buttons: "Always combine".

In windows 8.1 when multiple windows in Taskbar were combined I could see in the tooltip the "full window names" of the window previews / thumbnails when mouse hovering over "the window preview / thumbnail" of "the combined windows Taskbar button".

Also in Alt+Tab task switcher.

---

In windows 10 I can see on the Taskbar for "combined windows" incomplete "window names" finished with ellipsis "..." and no tooltip with "full window names" will appear when mouse hovering over the window preview / thumbnail.

---

Will it be fixed ?

HMVlaKov, Feb 29, 2016
  4. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

I really dislike bumping a topic, but it's been half a week and nothing and my post is like 50 pages later now.

corlenbelspar, Mar 4, 2016
  5. *bump

problem still occurs. even after a clean install. windows 10 updated to 16299.98

Tetrahedron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

1. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

2. disable taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable taskbar thumbnail preview: Can't disable taskbar thumbnail preview. Tried all the ways 4? found on the internet, including the ones suggested by this Community.How can it be that an issue with "disable taskbar thumbnail preview" was not solved in all the years since Windows Vista?Yesterday Microsoft...
  3. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  4. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  6. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Previews?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Previews?: Is there a way to do this? Its an infuriating user experience. Its completely useless for me to see 15 !! micro windows emails at the bottom of my screen/ Forcing this many previews also limits the number of characters in the title of each item. I'd rather see a list of files...
  7. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  8. taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  9. Taskbar thumbnail preview problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar thumbnail preview problem: [ATTACH] If I have multiple windows of the same application open, I cannot click directly on the icon to open it, but I must necessarily click or hover the cursor over the program icon and choose which of the windows to choose. At first I liked this function, but now I...
  10. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...: I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page,...