Windows 10: taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

Discus and support taskbar thumbnail previews not updating... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florio, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Florio Win User

taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page, even if I had the page open towards the middle or the bottom. This means that instead of just having to hover, I actually have to click on the thumbnail and open the document/webpage in order to see where I was working/reading. Is there a way of keeping thumbnails up to date?

:)

Florio, Jun 12, 2019

2. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Bilo Win User
    Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

4. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

I do need to disable de Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10. I Use a lot of files such an Msft Excel at the same time, and is difficult to to identify between so many little windows. I need the files listed (stacked) when switching icons on taskbar.
    Thanks for yur help!

rigomulato, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

1. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating... - Similar Threads - taskbar thumbnail previews

2. Thumbnail Preview for Shortcuts not displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail Preview for Shortcuts not displayed: Hi, I can view thumbnail previews for my pictures but not for picture shortcuts where only the Photo icon is displayed. I will recall that in previous versions of Windows that was possible, or do I remember it wrong? Maybe I miss some setting here? Thanks for clarity!...
  3. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10: I installed a New Radeon R7250 Card and Asus GPU Tweak. Everything is properly installed with current drivers and software, and radeon settings have been reset to default many times In a nutshell, I ran the Asus GPU Tweak and selected game mode. it disabled some windows...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  6. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  7. Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it: Hello guys, Sometimes somehow it does stay on, while I'm doing other things and my mouse isn't over it, so I'm wondering - maybe there is a way to make a live preview of thumbnails always on intentionally? 79928
  8. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563
  9. Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane: Hello my video thumbnails wont update. It shows me the preview of the first video thumbnail but when i select another, the preview remains the same in the preview pane. I use the "List" view. help, i am a video editor who just pdated to windows 10 18495
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...