Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues with Windows Areo most likely. I'm on Windows 10, and for some reason I lost the ability to have 2 preview taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by visualtech48, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

Hello,

I'm having issues with Windows Areo most likely. I'm on Windows 10, and for some reason I lost the ability to have 2 preview taskbar thumbnails when I have 2 windows of the same type

Example:

Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type [​IMG]

However when only one is presented, it works as it should:

ALSO:

When I'm on windows explorer and I go to desktop, and click ANY map, it double opens the map in 2 new windows

Any help is highly appriciated

:)

visualtech48, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Sambob101 Win User

Taskbar not showing popup icons for multiple windows

If I only have one of a certain type of window open on my taskbar, then when I hover over the icon for it, a thumbnail of the window will pop up as expected. If however, I have 2 or more of the same type of window open on my taskbar, (e.g. 2 File Explorer
    windows) then when I hover over the icon, the names of the windows will be displayed rather than the thumbnails of the windows. How do I change this so that the thumbnails appear when I have multiple of the same type of window open and I hover over the icon
    on the taskbar?

Sambob101, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - taskbar thumbnails - turn them off - how?

You need to edit the registry. Set NumThumbnails to 1 (0 doesn't work in Windows 10)

Various settings for the Taskbar thumbnails are documented here. http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/increase-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-size-windows/ (Ignore
    the title, and read about "NumThumbnails")

Edit:

If NumThumbnails is set to 1, if more than one instance of a program is open, the taskbar thumbnails won't show up. Instead they appear stacked.

However, when a single instance of a program is running, the thumbnail still shows up.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

I get 2 thumbnails of the same type
    Attachment 97070
    Not sure why yours doesn't work

As for your 2nd question, maybe it's the mouse being sensitive?
    EDIT: Not sure if I understand, what if you right click and "open in new window"?

nicholasng99, Aug 19, 2016
  5. I somehow managed to fix it with a windows tool, my limit was somehow set to ONLY 1 to show for thumbnail.

But now I don't have anymore the AREO PEEK when I go over a window...

visualtech48, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

1. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't

2. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File encryption doesn't seem to be working: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box. I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes. Then nothing...
  3. Windows doesn't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't seem to be working: Startup menu - get error message that tells me it will try to fix if I sign out No Cortana search box - can't type anything into it Links in various sections of the Home area get no respone - such as "get help" or "provide feedback" - nothing happens when I click on the...
  4. Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore: The last time I was able to take a screenshot was on Nov 30. They used to be stored in Pictures/Screenshots but that has stopped and I have no idea if the Fn + Prt Sc buttons no longer work or if the photos are now being stored elsewhere. I have spent hours trying to fix...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  6. Taskbar doesn't work properly

Taskbar doesn't work properly: Hello there. My taskbar doesn't work properly. I can only open the applications loaded in my quick access to the taskbar. Otherwise, I can't open the right side icons, such as the date, and I can't open Start or interact with Cortana. When I click on start, it just doesn't...
  7. 'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?: So my Windows Hello facial recognition hasn't worked for a few weeks, and I recently noticed that the infrared light that turns on next to the camera no longer turns on. I tried the 'improve facial recognition' option but that just displays a blank window when I do so... I...
  8. When typing an apostrophe or tilde, Windows types two

When typing an apostrophe or tilde, Windows types two: My problem is that when I try to type an apostrophe (like so: ") Windows seems to register two characters instead of one. Where you would normally type [Apostrophe] + [Spacebar] and have the following show: ' Mine shows two apostrphes, without having to push the...
  9. Taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't work: Hello, today after booting up my PC I noticed that my taskbar would overlap with the YouTube video I was watching. At first I thought that i could just fix it by restarting the Explorer using the Task Manager, but after that didn't work, I just restarted my computer. That...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563