Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues with Windows Areo most likely. I'm on Windows 10, and for some reason I lost the ability to have 2 preview taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by visualtech48, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

Hello,

I'm having issues with Windows Areo most likely. I'm on Windows 10, and for some reason I lost the ability to have 2 preview taskbar thumbnails when I have 2 windows of the same type

Example:

Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type [​IMG]

However when only one is presented, it works as it should:

ALSO:

When I'm on windows explorer and I go to desktop, and click ANY map, it double opens the map in 2 new windows

Any help is highly appriciated

:)

visualtech48, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Sambob101 Win User

Taskbar not showing popup icons for multiple windows

If I only have one of a certain type of window open on my taskbar, then when I hover over the icon for it, a thumbnail of the window will pop up as expected. If however, I have 2 or more of the same type of window open on my taskbar, (e.g. 2 File Explorer
    windows) then when I hover over the icon, the names of the windows will be displayed rather than the thumbnails of the windows. How do I change this so that the thumbnails appear when I have multiple of the same type of window open and I hover over the icon
    on the taskbar?

Sambob101, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - taskbar thumbnails - turn them off - how?

You need to edit the registry. Set NumThumbnails to 1 (0 doesn't work in Windows 10)

Various settings for the Taskbar thumbnails are documented here. http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/increase-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-size-windows/ (Ignore
    the title, and read about "NumThumbnails")

Edit:

If NumThumbnails is set to 1, if more than one instance of a program is open, the taskbar thumbnails won't show up. Instead they appear stacked.

However, when a single instance of a program is running, the thumbnail still shows up.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

I get 2 thumbnails of the same type
    Attachment 97070
    Not sure why yours doesn't work

As for your 2nd question, maybe it's the mouse being sensitive?
    EDIT: Not sure if I understand, what if you right click and "open in new window"?

nicholasng99, Aug 19, 2016
  5. I somehow managed to fix it with a windows tool, my limit was somehow set to ONLY 1 to show for thumbnail.

But now I don't have anymore the AREO PEEK when I go over a window...

visualtech48, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type

1. Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't seem to be working when TWO of same type - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnails doesn't

2. Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working: I just installed the new update 21H2 and after that the thumbnail buttons on the right side of the taskbar stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-on-the-right-of-the-taskbar-are-not/21de1bc8-c284-4217-9220-efee9bb6edab
  3. Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working: I just installed the new update 21H2 and after that the thumbnail buttons on the right side of the taskbar stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-on-the-right-of-the-taskbar-are-not/21de1bc8-c284-4217-9220-efee9bb6edab
  4. Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  7. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

8. Taskbar thumbnail preview not working

Taskbar thumbnail preview not working: Hi Sir/Mam,As you can see in above attached screenshot that whenever I hover curser over any opened application in taskbar it doesn't show me the preview at all. WHether it's a single windows or multiple windows of that application, It doesn't.PLease help me to resolve this...
  9. Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked: Hello, I recently noticed a problem when playing games, that when I click mouse and press a key on keyboard it doesn't work. Also, if you press a key quickly after mouse click it doesn't work as well. What is more weird is that this behaviour varies by application. 1....
  10. Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working

Thumbnails on the right of the taskbar are not working: I've just installed the new update 20H2 and after that the thumbnail buttons on the right side of the taskbar stopped working. These include action center,clock,battery and wifi settings. My device is HP - 0077tx. Windows specifications: Edition Windows 10 Enterprise...