Windows 10: Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

Discus and support Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep several programs active most of the time. This is indicated by a bar under the icon. Mousing the icon of the currently open program window shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Oct 3, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

I keep several programs active most of the time. This is indicated by a bar under the icon. Mousing the icon of the currently open program window shows a thumbnail view of the current window(s), which stays visible until moving away. However, mousing the other icons shows a very brief thumbnail -- not enough to tell what's happening. When no windows are active all active icons show and retain thumbnails. Is this by design or is it changeable?

:)

tcebob, Oct 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 - taskbar thumbnails - turn them off - how?

Windows 10 - taskbar thumbnails - turn them off - how? Simple and straightforward reply, please.

bklynchica44, Oct 3, 2016
  3. AdamNugent, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

1. Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second - Similar Threads - Taskbar thumbnails turn

2. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn off taskbar thumbnail previews.There are dozens of forums and questions trying to do so, even about a dozen on this site alone, but none of them work anymore. I'll just aggregate all of the options I've found and attempted:- gpedit.msc -> User Configuration...
  3. turn off taskbar thumbnail previews

turn off taskbar thumbnail previews: [ATTACH] I would like to see the list not the thumbnail previews when I hover a mouse pointer over the taskbar icons. To turn off taskbar thumbnail in Windows 10 pro version 20H2 build 19042.844, I have read the post Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows...
  4. Mouse turns off/ disconnects after 1-2 seconds when not used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse turns off/ disconnects after 1-2 seconds when not used: Hello everybody, I've installed Windows on my macbook via bootcamp. Everything works fine but I can't get my Apple magic mouse work. It works when I delete the mouse under bluetooth settings, then add it again. However, it turns off immediately when I stop using it. The...
  5. TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND: Hello I have a acer aspire v3-571G when I try to open my laptop I hear the fan spinning but after a second between 1-5 second it goes off my laptop shut down. I thought it was dc jack issue since I have broken dc but I change it but the problem still exist and even got worse...
  6. Turn on taskbar thumbnails

Turn on taskbar thumbnails: [ATTACH] Does anyone know hoe to fix this? I cant see the thumbnails of my applications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-taskbar-thumbnails/17cdeb68-f011-4826-b93b-4b8ff719d80a
  7. Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?: Sorry, newbie question....I just migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I don't like the behavior of Windows 10 where when you hover over a taskbar app at the bottom of the screen, it gives you a thumbnail preview of any open windows in the apps. I prefer the previous...
  8. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I've unchecked Enable Peek under Performance Options Visual Effects. But I still see thumbnails of my applications when I hover over them on the taskbar. How do I turn this off?...
  9. CMD off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD off after 1 second: Hi all, Wanted to run SFC so typed CMD in the run line, right clicked CMD, run as administrator and the CMD screen flashes on for a split second and then off. Got it through windows power shell OK, ran SFC and no errors. Ran Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Rkill,...
  10. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute: Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy. I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The screen(s) turn off and the computer goes to sleep after a minute despite my best efforts. I have every setting that I can find set...