Windows 10: Taskbar time can't change to short time format

Discus and support Taskbar time can't change to short time format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I debloated windows and somehow ended up with the time in the taskbar set to long time format. I prefer it in short time format and can't find a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pratikbiska, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Taskbar time can't change to short time format

So I debloated windows and somehow ended up with the time in the taskbar set to long time format. I prefer it in short time format and can't find a way to set it to what I like.

Note: I have "Use small taskbar icons" enabled but still have the long time format being displayed.

What I have tried are:

Settings>Time & Language>Region> Change date formats>Additional date, time & regional settings>Region

I can't find a setting to change it to short format.

:)

pratikbiska, Aug 14, 2020

2. Taskbar time can't change to short time format

So I debloated windows and somehow ended up with the time in the taskbar set to long time format. I prefer it in short time format and can't find a way to set it to what I like.

Note: I have "Use small taskbar icons" enabled but still have the long time format being displayed.

What I have tried are:

Settings>Time & Language>Region> Change date formats>Additional date, time & regional settings>Region

I can't find a setting to change it to short format.

pratikbiska, Sep 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Taskbar time can't change to short time format

Hi pratikbiska

Ser the long time format to the same as the short time format, then check your Taskbar....

DaveM121, Sep 4, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar time can't change to short time format - Similar Threads - Taskbar can't change

2. Changing Time Format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Time Format: New Win10 Pro installation and now can't change time format since drop down menus don't show any alternatives so how the heck I change time format to other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-time-format/be2c972b-6823-477e-98df-3687dadaf064
  3. Changing Time Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Time Format: New Win10 Pro installation and now can't change time format since drop down menus don't show any alternatives so how the heck I change time format to other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-time-format/be2c972b-6823-477e-98df-3687dadaf064
  4. Changing Time Format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format

Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format: Hi TeamMy windows 10 taskbar shows long time format. Can't change it to short time format. I have tried to change it in the settings but it remains unchanged. When I change the long time format in time settings then the taskbar time format also changes with it. I have...
  6. Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format: My windows 10 taskbar shows long time format. Can't change it to short time format. I have tried to change it in the settings but it remains unchanged. When I change the long time format then the taskbar time format also changes with it. I have attached my current time...
  7. Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar showing long time format. Can't change it to short time format: My windows 10 taskbar shows long time format. Can't change it to short time format. I have tried to change it in the settings but it remains unchanged. When I change the long time format then the taskbar time format also changes with it. I have attached my current time...
  8. Time format change

Time format change: Hi! I have been having an annoying problem whit the time settings on my PC for a couple of months now. Every time I start the PC the time format is set on a 12 hour clock. I would prefer a 24 hour clock but when i change it it reverts to ha 12 hour clock again when i reboot...
  9. Taskbar Time Format is appearing in Long Format only

Taskbar Time Format is appearing in Long Format only: Hi Team, My taskbar is showing time in the long format only. I want to view a short time format. Problem is that my taskbar time is linked to long format only, if I change my long time format in settings, It will show new long time format. How to get short time format on...
  10. Time and Date Format on Taskbar

Time and Date Format on Taskbar: Is there any way to alter the display format for the time and date on the Windows 10 taskbar? By default, it show a three-line entry of time, day, date. I would like to eliminate the day and only display the time and date. Is there any way to do that?...