Windows 10: Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

Discus and support Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, and thanks in advance for your help.. Awhile back I formatted my Windows 10 PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock. This worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yandrmeyers, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

Greetings, and thanks in advance for your help..

Awhile back I formatted my Windows 10 PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock. This worked happily on my desktop and laptop for months, maybe even a year +

Now (probably starting in the past couple days, if not today), on one of those two PC's, this format will no longer display. It is Okay on the other PC.

What has changed that the taskbar clock space used to expand to fit the "short date" format, but now it will no longer expand - and instead just refuses to display the date at all. (NOTE: I've verified the issue by testing shorter formats -- short formats, like "ddd" show up correctly. Only if you request a longer format will the date not display - evidently because it is too long for the clock area. )

Additional Notes that may help:

* "Working" pc is running build 10586 PC with too small a clock space that won't expand -- Build 14393

*Other differences: Notification/Action center Icon is left of clock on the working PC - Right of clock on the non-working
    Right- Clicking on task bar gives "properties" option on working PC -- But "Settings" option on the non-working

( I don't want to prejudice responses - but clearly the implication to me is that some recent OS update is most likely the culprit.)

Thank You

:)

yandrmeyers, Oct 9, 2016
  2. RPG17A Win User

Display date?

Hi

Go to Settings>Personalisation>Taskbar and in the Notification area click
    Turn system icons on and off
    and make sure clock is turned on as if it's set to off the date can be also. To set and format times and date open control panel (top right choose to view by icons) and click on
    Region then additional settings.

Edit: Sorry,forgot that if your taskbar shows small icons this will hide the date. Go to Settings>Personalisation>Taskbar......turn off .....Use small taskbar buttons.

RPG17A, Oct 9, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    time and date on taskbar

Right click on the date and time in the Taskbar, select Adjust date and time and change the format.

mlg63, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Dr Nick Win User

Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

Dr Nick, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

1. Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format - Similar Threads - Taskbar Date area

2. Time and Date Formatting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  3. Time and Date Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  4. Time and Date Formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.: Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on the action center lower right corner. I see a number of actions that varies throughout the day, but no popups when a new one...
  6. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.: Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on the action center lower right corner. I see a number of actions that varies throughout the day, but no popups when a new one...
  7. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Date and time format

Date and time format: okay I know this question is about a feature since Windows7 The date format changes for recent files in Explorer and OneDrive and other displays. For example Fri 12:00pm is displayed instead of full display of 10-30-2020 12:00pm. One Drive will display Jan 5 instead of...
  9. Time and Date Format on Taskbar

Time and Date Format on Taskbar: Is there any way to alter the display format for the time and date on the Windows 10 taskbar? By default, it show a three-line entry of time, day, date. I would like to eliminate the day and only display the time and date. Is there any way to do that?...
  10. Date and Time Formatting

Date and Time Formatting: Is it possible to format cell in Excel, so that if numbers for date or a time are entered, the date is automatically put in correct format? Ex. Today is 10/07/2019. So, if I enter 10719, the date will appear as 10/07/19. Or, if I enter 930, the time will appear as...