Windows 10: Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing

Discus and support Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I managed a screenshot, had to use windows key +s + shift to snap a picture showing how often overnight the time and date just quits updating the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing

I managed a screenshot, had to use windows key +s + shift to snap a picture showing how often overnight the time and date just quits updating the main screen, but click on time and it shows the correct time. Snip and sketch could not function as the PC was too slow when this happens.

When it does that all the quick bar icons disappear too. And the PC runs really slow when that is happening. Like it is talking 20 times longer to do anything related to file management. Internet web browser speed is not affected. I have 16gb memory and several TB sized drives and a 6 core AMD CPU on this particular PC.

I notice this problem often in the AM, eventually with use during the day, the problem goes away. Win 10 is up to date
    How can I fix this?

:)

sdowney717, Feb 24, 2020

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Feb 24, 2020
  4. AFY127 Win User

Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing

Disappearing taskbar

I use a Surface Book with a remote monitor and am having problems with the taskbar disappearing. If the Surface is idle for more than ~ one hour, the taskbar is completely gone. If I right click in the approximate area of the start button, I can access
    the restart command. When the Surface restarts, the taskbar is back, but it will happen again as soon as the Surface is idle for any period of time. Suggestions?

AFY127, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing

1. Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing - Similar Threads - Taskbar does update

2. Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken: I booted up my pc today and first thing I notice was nothing was showing up on my task bar except for the touch keyboard icon and show hidden icons icon. I can't open the start menu or search bar. I also noticed my mic was not being picked up anymore, and if I right click the...
  3. Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken: I booted up my pc today and first thing I notice was nothing was showing up on my task bar except for the touch keyboard icon and show hidden icons icon. I can't open the start menu or search bar. I also noticed my mic was not being picked up anymore, and if I right click the...
  4. windows taskbar disappears from time to time

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows taskbar disappears from time to time: when I upgraded to the windows10 20H2 recently, my taskbar disappears from time to time. I have checked that I don't turn on the "Auto-hide the taskbar". The picture shows my systems' version. I need your help, thank you very much....
  5. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  6. Hide things on taskbar or move to a second taskbar or some other solution?

Hide things on taskbar or move to a second taskbar or some other solution?: Basically I don't want a ton of stuff on my taskbar when I am working. If I have spotify open for music, maybe a messenger or two for communicating with colleagues, this is taking up valuable space on my taskbar and can often get in the way when I'm trying to go back and...
  7. Task bar time does not update? and other things disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task bar time does not update? and other things disappearing: I managed a screenshot, had to use windows key +s + shift to snap a picture showing how often overnight the time and date just quits updating the main screen, but click on time and it shows the correct time. Snip and sketch could not function as the PC was too slow when this...
  8. Time and Date disappeared from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time and Date disappeared from the taskbar: I'm running the most recent Windows 10 update and the date and time that is usually on the bottom right of the taskbar doesn't show anymore. I searched through the settings but there doesn't seem to be an option to toggle it back on. Is there anyway to change this back or is...
  9. W10 taskbar does not disappear

W10 taskbar does not disappear: Despite advice given on web to restart Windows Explorer, it is only temporary. This I find a particular problem when effecting downloads which should show at the bottom of screen....
  10. Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time: I am using latest release of Windows 10 using an external monitor with a Dell Inspiron. I have the laptop lid closed so that monitor is off so I am only using external monitor. I cannot see start menu or task bar on bottom of screen. I was looking for options in my monitor...