Windows 10: Taskbar to show how many windows opened

Discus and support Taskbar to show how many windows opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Is it possible for the Windows 10 taskbar to give me some sort of indication as to how many windows I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icu222much, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Taskbar to show how many windows opened

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Is it possible for the Windows 10 taskbar to give me some sort of indication as to how many windows I have opened for a particular application?

For example, in Windows 7, if I have multiple browser windows (not tabs) opened, the taskbar would show a graphical representation of how many windows I have opened (Imgur).

In Windows 10, I only see a small bar next to the icon that represents either one window or multiple windows. Is there a way to configure Windows 10 to be able to see how many windows I have opened (just like in Windows 7)?

:)

icu222much, Jun 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 Settings Icon is Blank on Taskbar when Running and Taskbar is Set to Small Icons

I have my taskbar set to small icons.

If I open "Settings" the app opens and a tile is started in the taskbar but the icon does not show on the tile. It is just blank.

If I change the taskbar to large icons then the settings icon shows but I have too many icons to run Windows in large icon mode.

I have tried to delete the icon cache and reboot but the problem remains.

Flavio Bagnato, Jun 16, 2016
  3. jacobnoah Win User
    Windows 10, Excel 2010, Multiple Displays, and Taskbar

Using Windows 10 with two diplays, even though I selected "Show taskbar on all displays" and "Show taskbar buttons on Taskbar where windows is open" and "Never combine buttons on other taskbars", Excel 2010 buttons still only appear on Main Taskbar even
    though more than one Excel window is open on Other Display. They should both appear on Other taskbar, and not at all on Main. How to resolve? Thanks

jacobnoah, Jun 16, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Taskbar to show how many windows opened

That would have to be third party to give a number, if you mouse hover over the icon (it's not a "bar", but showing multiple instances of that icon so to speak, stacked) you would see windows open to show you each.

RWOne, Jun 16, 2016
  5. Sorry, I'm not looking for a number to appear on the icon. I'm looking for some sort of visual indication on the icon that shows how many windows of that particular app is opened.

icu222much, Jun 17, 2016
  6. Taskbar > properties > taskbar buttons > never combine ? Not exactly what your looking for but it should show you how many instances are open. Your taskbar will get cluttered up a bit though.

alphanumeric, Jun 17, 2016
  7. icu222much, Jun 17, 2016
  8. Taskbar to show how many windows opened

That's how my taskbar looks? An extra bar down the side for each extra instance of that program.

9. AndreTen Win User
    This is a native Windows 10 behavior. Just make sure you don't have small icons selected in taskbar options.

AndreTen, Jun 17, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    I'm guessing it was an 'Aero' feature that got dropped with, or after Windows 8. I could be wrong though.

Edwin, Jun 17, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    I don't have any third party themes or other features installed and it shows under active applications icon.

AndreTen, Jun 17, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    Same here but it still only shows as 'two' even if you have more open.

Taskbar to show how many windows opened [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 17, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

I've missed that! Only checked if second windows shows. *Doh

Sorry OP, if I misled you in any way, and thanks Edwin to point it out to me.

AndreTen, Jun 17, 2016
  14. Yeah, I missed that too.

15. Cool, no problem. Thanks guys *Smile

icu222much, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar to show how many windows opened - Similar Threads - Taskbar show many

2. Windows 11: How to show open documents individually on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to show open documents individually on taskbar: Hello. After upgrading to windows 11, my productivity is limited by the minimalist approach of the taskbar and having it locked at the bottom of the screen. Documents are hidden within the icon of the program, and requires actively clicking on the icon to show its content...
  3. Windows 11: How to show open documents individually on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: How to show open documents individually on taskbar: Hello. After upgrading to windows 11, my productivity is limited by the minimalist approach of the taskbar and having it locked at the bottom of the screen. Documents are hidden within the icon of the program, and requires actively clicking on the icon to show its content...
  4. many windows open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  5. many windows open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  6. many windows open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 startup shows taskbar tries many times to show desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup shows taskbar tries many times to show desktop: When Windows start, after the user login screen, the computer tries to show the desktop but it only shows the taskbar while the rest is all black.Then the taskbar flashes like if it was reloaded, and repeats this many times, probably for a minute or so. After many times doing...
  8. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  9. Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts

Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts: Taskbar on surface shows over a dozen shortcuts. Task manager doesnt show any running apps. Cant rightclick on taskbar and cant remove any of the shortcuts....
  10. Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?

Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?: Is there a way of knowing how many virtual desktops are active without actually going into the "task view" button? If not can you look into creating some sort of active badge that tells you that you have multiple virtual desktops. The reason is i dont want shut down if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar showing that how many window opened