Windows 10: taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in

Discus and support taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 pro build 17763.167 and I've noticed that the taskbar shows more transparency while on battery(no i'm not mistaken) as opposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RishabhPatel9, Nov 27, 2018.

1. taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in

I'm using windows 10 pro build 17763.167 and I've noticed that the taskbar shows more transparency while on battery(no i'm not mistaken) as opposed to being plugged in. while it is plugged in, the taskbar shows an acrylic blur. I'd like to have the same transparency level while it is plugged in same as that of while it is on battery.

On Battery:

taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in 693a9c5f-8113-47a0-babc-aac39eae888f?upload=true.jpg

Plugged in:

taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in 433445e5-6e38-45aa-81b2-87c3bbfc214b?upload=true.jpg

Thanks in advance.

:)

RishabhPatel9, Nov 27, 2018
  2. gogopogo Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same
    Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

gogopogo, Nov 27, 2018
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 27, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in

1. taskbar transparency difference on battery and while plugged in - Similar Threads - taskbar transparency difference

2. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  3. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  4. Battery Stuck at 18% while Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Stuck at 18% while Plugged In: Hello there. My computer is a Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook 512 GB SSD with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700U Processor. It runs Windows 11.My computer has been unable to charge all day. If I take it off the charger, the battery goes down. If I plug it in, the battery remains constant...
  5. Battery Stuck at 18% while Plugged In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Stuck at 18% while Plugged In: Hello there. My computer is a Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook 512 GB SSD with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700U Processor. It runs Windows 11.My computer has been unable to charge all day. If I take it off the charger, the battery goes down. If I plug it in, the battery remains constant...
  6. taskbar transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar transparency: with transparency effects enabled the taskbar became completely transparent :[ATTACH] [ATTACH] the start menu is still the same though is this a new feature or bug?...
  7. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  8. Plugging in power adapter while battery is connected.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Plugging in power adapter while battery is connected.: I have my battery in my laptop and I also have the power adapter plugged in at the same time. There are mixed opinions on the subject whether it kills the battery or not . Some say once the battery reaches 100% the charging process shuts down. Battery doesn't kick in until...
  9. battery not charging while plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery not charging while plugged in: I'm at 89% but the light is still orange and the display reads "plugged in but not charging". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-while-plugged-in/24a9e307-0c27-46aa-bc9f-0fa864ad325c
  10. Loosing battery power while device is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loosing battery power while device is plugged in.: I loose battery power while using my 2 in one tablet RCA Cambio W101 V2 even when plugged in. I get a "plugged in discharging" report when I access the battery icon on taskbar. While using my tablet plugged in my battery looses power and my tablet shuts down. If I shut it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is transparency effects windows 10 different when plugged in and when not