Windows 10: taskbar treats a program update as a new program

Discus and support taskbar treats a program update as a new program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I set a program to be "always visible" on the taskbar, it works fine.If the program gets updated same program name, exact same location it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Infidl, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Infidl Win User

taskbar treats a program update as a new program

When I set a program to be "always visible" on the taskbar, it works fine.If the program gets updated same program name, exact same location it is treated by the taskbar as some NEW program and I once again have to take action to keep it as "always visible".As a developer I am constantly revising, recompiling a program. How do I keep Taskbar from treating each recompile as a whole new program?

:)

Infidl, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Infidl Win User

When I set a program to be "always visible" on the taskbar, it works fine.

If the program gets updated (same program name, exact same location) it is treated by the taskbar as some NEW program and I once again have to take action to keep it as "always visible".

As a developer I am constantly revising, recompiling a program. How do I keep Taskbar from treating each recompile as a whole new program?

Infidl, Jun 8, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Jun 8, 2023
  4. taskbar treats a program update as a new program

program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. taskbar treats a program update as a new program - Similar Threads - taskbar treats program

2. taskbar treats a program update as a new program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar treats a program update as a new program: When I set a program to be "always visible" on the taskbar, it works fine.If the program gets updated same program name, exact same location it is treated by the taskbar as some NEW program and I once again have to take action to keep it as "always visible".As a developer I...
  3. taskbar treats a program update as a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar treats a program update as a new program: When I set a program to be "always visible" on the taskbar, it works fine.If the program gets updated same program name, exact same location it is treated by the taskbar as some NEW program and I once again have to take action to keep it as "always visible".As a developer I...
  4. Taskbar and program boxes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and program boxes.: I use an 4k 65" TV as monitor. I don't want to use the scale function because this just zooms everything out. I want the fonts in MS to be bigger but leave everything else as it is in 100%...
  5. Taskbar programs unclickable

Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  6. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs on the Taskbar: I probably received responses to some of my earlier questions, after I tried to change the email address on my Microsoft Account. I still don't have that all fixed, but Comcast will not let me use the old address anymore. At the end of October I had to rush my husband to the...
  7. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs on the Taskbar: I probably received responses to some of my earlier questions, after I tried to change the email address on my Microsoft Account. I still don't have that all fixed, but Comcast will not let me use the old address anymore. At the end of October I had to rush my husband to the...
  8. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. program to hide the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar: since I need to constantly be hiding and showing the taskbar is there a little program for that? to toggle that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-to-hide-the-taskbar/4ec950f5-e436-4703-8879-a1235f9b2767
  10. new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it: When clicking a program in start menu it shows in the taskbar and I need to click the taskbar to see the programs window. Very irritating. Is there a way to change some setting so when I click to start it just opens . After all I wouldn't have clicked if I didn't want to...