Windows 10: Taskbar Underscore Question

Discus and support Taskbar Underscore Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; O.k, I have two laptops, both running Windows 10........one is a fairly new Toshiba, the other is an old Dell Inspiron 1545, which despite being told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Del 80, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Del 80 Win User

Taskbar Underscore Question

O.k, I have two laptops, both running Windows 10........one is a fairly new Toshiba, the other is an old Dell Inspiron 1545, which despite being told that it would not run Windows 10 is fine........the only difference between the two is this.......the Dell has a long blue underscore below the taskbar icons when they are clicked, and the icons elongate.......this does not happen on the Toshiba........anyone know why ?.......not really a problem, but just wondered why ?.........Del.

:)

Del 80, Mar 23, 2016

2. No underscore in Lumia?

Hi. Not sure where to ask this question so apology if out of place. I tred a Lumia text input and there are no underscore ( _ ) key. So how do you input an underscore?

optiplex330, Mar 23, 2016
  3. How to change the keyboard layout on Windows 10 TP?

Tried everything but still nothing works! I'm keeping on pressing the question mark to obtain an underscore!

Marco Aringoli, Mar 23, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Del 80 and welcome to Tenforums.

Here's what my taskbar looks like:

Taskbar Underscore Question [​IMG]

I have 5 things open: File Explorer, Firefox, Task Manager, Sticky Notes and Skype. When a pinned app is open, the blue bar appears under the icon. Is this what you have, or something different? Can you snip a screenshot so we can see the differences?

simrick, Mar 23, 2016
  5. Del 80 Win User
    Hi, Thanks for the welcome............On the Toshiba mine is more or less the same as yours........on the Dell it is pretty much the same, except when an icon is clicked on, it elongates and the blue underscore is about 3 or 4 times the length as the one's in your screen shot...........I just wondered why ?...........Del.

Del 80, Mar 23, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    That's odd. Have you tried different graphics drivers?

simrick, Mar 23, 2016
  7. stormy13 Win User
    Double check the Taskbar settings and see if it is set to the following,

Taskbar Underscore Question [​IMG]

stormy13, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Del 80 Win User

Marvellous !!.........Just checked it.......it was set to ''never combine''.............set it to ''always combine hide labels''..........the Dell is now the same as the Toshiba.........many thanks for that..........Del.

Del 80, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Underscore Question - Similar Threads - Taskbar Underscore Question

2. Keyboard Underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Underscore: For some reason my keyboard isnt typing an underscore when i click on underscore , instead its typing nkh and combined with shift NKH , i have no clue on why it does this it has been like this for like 2 weeks now and i have now idea how to fix this...
  3. Taskbar Questions

Taskbar Questions: I have Windows 11. Sometime I restarted my PC normally. When it opened the Taskbar's shape was looking like Windows 10's Taskbar. Then I restarted it again and the Taskbar was empty.I tried fixing it using methods that were on Google, Microsoft's Support Website, YouTube......
  4. Taskbar Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Question: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro. In 10, I was able to have the contents of a file folder open in the Taskbar as a separate area, and would like to do that in 11, if possible. However, all I can find is linking the folder itself to the taskbar - nothing about...
  5. Taskbar Question

Taskbar Question: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro. In 10, I was able to have the contents of a file folder open in the Taskbar as a separate area, and would like to do that in 11, if possible. However, all I can find is linking the folder itself to the taskbar - nothing about...
  6. Taskbar Question...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Question...: Hi everyone, I've got my taskbar on the top of the screen and it's set to small icons. Right now, whenever I move windows around my screen, they sometimes slide underneath the taskbar or trigger that edge-screen feature that maximizes the window you're dragging around. Does...
  7. The forbidden Underscore

The forbidden Underscore: Hello. Just bought new pc and and after lots of mess with the shop, i now have it. But the operative system suddenly have prohibited the use of underscore _ in folder names, and therefore when i installed my fave game, it came without the folders containing _ . Which also was...
  8. Underscores.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Underscores.: Hi. I'm having a little trouble typing underscores. I'm currently on desktop and do not know why it wont let me type an underscore. I can type everything but an underscore, plus sign, and whatever the symbols are when you press shift represent for these. [] During typing...
  9. Blinking Underscore

Blinking Underscore: So yesterday I unplugged everything from my PC externally to give it a clean. I finish up and I plug everything back in. Powering on the system, I see that there is a blinking underscore in the top-left corner of the screen. I’ve had this issue before and had been able to fix...
  10. Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar question: on one PC I've got both a taskbar short cut to Windows Explorer and one to Documents. On new PC the File Explorer is on taskbar but when I try to put the Documents shortcut there it won't allow. Just get a 'Pin to File Explorer' option and the folder won't appear like it did...